Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

What do you guys think of this idea(S)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What do you guys think of this idea(S)?

One Idea I have just started doing, is when I have project to work on like headers or Bob's supercharger removal ect... I am taking pics of the install ect and makeing a CD for the owner. Not something real expensive to do just adds a few more minutes to the projects. Also I will be posting more pics of installs on my website in our forum.

Any ideas for a good local promotion for parts or service? I'm always open to suggestions, even for the website you can check out our forum and leave us some feed back.

Thanks,
-=Rick
Old 09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
indy300
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteTech81
One Idea I have just started doing, is when I have project to work on like headers or Bob's supercharger removal ect... I am taking pics of the install ect and makeing a CD for the owner. Not something real expensive to do just adds a few more minutes to the projects. Also I will be posting more pics of installs on my website in our forum.

Thanks,
-=Rick
I think it would be a great idea. It would show people what it takes to get something accomplished. (it might also show why something cost so much to do) I always take pictures anytime I do work on my cars. I'm not sure why...
If I lived in Chicago, I'd take my vette to your shop!

Good luck to you Rick.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:58 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Rick- I think that is a good idea, it's a little extra work on your part, but it's added value for your customers, this is something that you do that your competitors might not do, Great Customers Service that's what it's all about.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:53 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys, that's basically how I feel added value to the project. I'm not going to do this with oil changes and small projects obviously but with more involved installs I think it's a good idea.

You guys have any ideas for me to use to give better customer service ect. ideas for shop or website anything..
-=Rick
Old 09-24-2005, 12:43 PM
BluPastU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick, how's it going. Just like indy300 I try to take pictures before, during and after all work done to my car. Gives a little history to it. Posting them on your website would be a big plus for your customers.

See you at the next meeting.
Dale
Old 09-24-2005, 03:30 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BluPastU
Hey Rick, how's it going. Just like indy300 I try to take pictures before, during and after all work done to my car. Gives a little history to it. Posting them on your website would be a big plus for your customers.

See you at the next meeting.
Dale
Hey DALE!

Yep thats exactly it, you can put the pics in a scrap book, or something to keep a history. And it does show all (well most of it) the work that is involved. People don't always realize how much work an install project or a repair really involves they sometimes only see the bottom line. They also do not see the cost of Tools & Equipment, overhead such as uniforms, building ect. I have posted some pics on my forum of various installs there will be more to come.

Thanks again for the feedback and keep the suggestions coming.
-=Rick
Old 09-24-2005, 11:16 PM
95Purple
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a really great idea. I wanted to do that with my car but I couldnt be there all the time to take pictures. I had to be at work. Thats a good idea you got there.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:50 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 95Purple
Thats a really great idea. I wanted to do that with my car but I couldnt be there all the time to take pictures. I had to be at work. Thats a good idea you got there.
Thanks, Now I just need some more ideas...
-=Rick

Get notified of new replies

To What do you guys think of this idea(S)?

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this idea(S)?