Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Thank You Lord Odin And Family

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 05:19 PM
cselz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyvettes
Thank you John and Lor and his family I do not think people know what a big undertaking you both put on your shoulders trying to run this event 1. suggestion ,if you do a fall event maybe let some of us do some grudge racing during the auto cross I only got two passes down the strip I was eliminated by (jerry's yellow zr1 first round ) which is fine but I would have liked to race some of my closer friends for some laughs I would be more then happy to run the grudge races for you .... also if those mustang guys come there will be more cars to handle

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a terrific time. My first, and it was great. Good to meet a lot more Vette folks too. I think if there is another one yet this year, I'm stayin' down there the night before so I can get there earlier. Maybe even early enough to help out.
I agree with Johnnyvettes, more grudge matches would be very cool. John, you're on my short list! And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up on Carol's...she almost took me out in the second round of drag racing. Luckily, almost doesn't count.
I left at 5:30 and got rained on on the way back up Rt. 55 as well.
Anyway, one more time A BIG thanks to Lord Odin and his family for there generous hospitality. If I can ever return the favor let me know.....how about floating on a boat, on a lake, fishing, eating, drinking, etc. just let me know.

-Chris
Old 07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I agree with Johnnyvettes, more grudge matches would be very cool.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:55 PM
RiceEatingZR1
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

grudge matches would be cool. maybe we can invite other cars like from Stangnet.com or viperAlley and dare I say some imports even..
Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 PM
2002 MATRIX SC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z QQH 6
Thanks Lor & family for putting this on again!
Sorry I Bought An A4 if that guy Matrix SC gets some DRs under him U got your self a race. IMO it would be a good one.
As for most of the rest of the crew good to see some familar faces and new ones. To all that was it for me. I'm headed to the West. Relocating to Texas and come winter I'll think of Y'all while I'm driving my Z. Stay safe!
Wayne Z QQH 6
I couldn't agree with that more, i'm in the process of getting some Z06 rims from a friend, to be fitted with some drag radials, but i am a few days away from that still (o-well) BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO THANK THE LORD AND HIS FAMILY FOR ALL THERE HARD WORK,AND I HAD A GOOD TIME AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT EVENT. matt.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

some guy in a 03 Cobra approached Lor when we stopped the drags when it first rained said he could bring down some stangs to challenge us at the next ACI-3 in the fall . we all agreed if there is a next one that would be cool to have some stangs there . then the guy started to talk some BS and said if we wanted to see a real engine ... then one or us said OH you have a vette engine in there !!!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:11 PM
RiceEatingZR1
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some guy in a 03 Cobra approached Lor when we stopped the drags when it first rained said he could bring down some stangs to challenge us at the next ACI-3 in the fall . we all agreed if there is a next one that would be cool to have some stangs there . then the guy started to talk some BS and said if we wanted to see a real engine ... then one or us said OH you have a vette engine in there !!!
hahaha is that why he left in a hurry.. it would be cool to have stangs vs Vettes.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:28 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

some guy in a 03 Cobra . . . .then the guy started to talk some BS and said if we wanted to see a real engine ... then one or us said OH you have a vette engine in there !!!
I still say we shoulda duct taped him to a tree....
Old 07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
highpressuremax
Racer

Originally Posted by RiceEatingZR1

grudge matches would be cool. maybe we can invite other cars like from Stangnet.com or viperAlley and dare I say some imports even..
"and dare I say some imports even..."

Well I wouldnt go that far. Who wants to listen to that noise!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:54 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Originally Posted by highpressuremax
Well I wouldnt go that far. Who wants to listen to that noise!
I have an old chain saw that sounds like that. I can't stand it.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
WisconsinVETTE
Race Director

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by JimBacus
Thank you Lor! That was my first Airport Cruise In and it was a blast. Lots of fun, it's great to have a place to go to really drive our vettes and have a good time with everyone.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by Nassauvette
Lor & Family, thanks for putting on ACI-2. It was great to meet more of the Chicago Crew, check out everyone's sweet ride, watch some good racing and survive the heat. Can't wait for the next event!
Chris I did not know you were there I did not see your car ??? should have said hi (remember our trip home from the funfest when we got flashed from that nice young girl )
Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Nassauvette
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Chris I did not know you were there I did not see your car ??? should have said hi (remember our trip home from the funfest when we got flashed from that nice young girl )
Hey Johnny, actually I was under the blue awning with Frank Tank trying to hide from the sun. Had the Las Vegas Motor Speedway hat on. Probably didn't recognize me cause I had the hat and sunglasses on. I wish I would have had the camera ready for your burn out when you and Jim Bacus were lined up just prior to the last round of the auto cross. Here I am parked behind my buddy Dominick (Domin8r on the forum). We headed out with Frank Tank, I think just prior to the rain.

Oh, and I certainly remember the young girl on the way back from Effingham. I guess that is why they call it "Fun" Fest.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Nassauvette
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Thanks to Lor and his family AWESOME event, just great, hopefully next year my tranny will be fixed so I can go racing.

It was nice to see all of you again, and also met some new faces. What a great day. I bugged out a bit early, must have just missed the rain, took 80 to 57N and we hit a bit of sprinkles on the way back.

Looking forward to next event.
Hey Frank, sorry we kinda ended up taking the long way home.... But I guess traffic cooperated so it wasn't too bad. Atleast my A/C was blowing nice and cold. Here's a couple of your beautiful red (and I might add loud) vette......

Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran

sorry I did not recognize you .I associate people with there cars ! so when your car was not with you ???
Old 07-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Nassauvette
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

sorry I did not recognize you .I associate people with there cars ! so when your car was not with you ???
No Problem Johnny. I think this is another of you during the drag racing..

Old 07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Location: Airport Cruise-in 1 Veteran Airport Cruise-in 2 Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

1. suggestion ,if you do a fall event maybe let some of us do some grudge racing during the auto cross I only got two passes down the strip I was eliminated by (jerry's yellow zr1 first round ) which is fine but I would have liked to race some of my closer friends for some laughs I would be more then happy to run the grudge races for you .... also if those mustang guys come there will be more cars to handle
Ulimately the decision would be Lor's but I would say as long as you had someone at the starting line running things we should be able to make this happen. I would like to see a grudge match session too.

When Lor and I made a couple runs, before we put everything away, the guys in the trucks were racing down the strip when we were turning around and heading back to the start line. Dangerous to say the least. While the autocross event is going on the grudge match drag racers will have to come back all the way down the runway and the next race will continue ONLY when the runway is clear.

Let's hope for a ACI III so we can make this happen!

Someone has to take out Jim P. Who's going to first to break his winning streak?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
JimBacus
Got LAPS?
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by War Machine
Someone has to take out Jim P. Who's going to first to break his winning streak?
I'd rather handle him on a road course than a drag strip...

Quick Reply: Thank You Lord Odin And Family