Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Interior Colors?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Joe 77
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Colors?????

Help I am re-doing the interiior on my 77. I posted this in the C-3 board.
"When I got the car it had a white interior. Everything except the console which was black.
I stopped by a corvette shop the other day and was told that a white interior was cosidered only the seats and the door panels and that everything else was black. Is this right? Where can i find out what color each part should be?"

Here's some more info off the plate at the drivers door.

ZJ1 Chevrolet L09
Trim 1 52 1 0L paint

What do these number mean?

Ganey from that board (C-3) suggested that I post here. From what info he had it looks like my interior was/could be a combo of smoked gray and white. Can someone tell me what parts were which color. or were they all smoked gray.
Thanks
Joe

Last edited by Joe 77; 10-02-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:36 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe 77
Here's some more info off the plate at the drivers door.

ZJ1 Chevrolet L09
Trim 1 52 1 0L paint

What do these number mean?
Dunno what the ZJ1 is for, but L09 is the body build date (July 9th), 152 is the Smoke Gray Leather interior, and 10L is the Classic White exterior paint.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Ron D
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going from memory here... Dash upper and lower, door panels, kicks(no carpet), head liner, seats, console sides (vinyl), and rear window trim were all smoke. Dont remember to well seeing a white interior on a 77 but rest assured.. it was a half and half color combo.. going along with what you had mentioned black console and carpet.. dash I think was white as were the seats and doors.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Colors?????

Quick Reply: Interior Colors?????