Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:35 AM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;) (67HEAVEN)

This is not a Photochop pic, the owner Sonny by the way, did this with a Constable friend on a closed section of the freeway. He had a real speed limit sign altered at a sign shop. It now hangs in his place of business.

He made up posters of the pic sold them for $3.00 each and gave all the proceeds to his favorite charity. :cool:

The car has a 502 crate motor with dual stage nitrous :D

And no he is not 72 years old.

[Modified by 99 Torch Coupe, 6:36 AM 10/29/2002]
Old 10-29-2002, 09:50 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;) (99 Torch Coupe)

This is not a Photochop pic, the owner Sonny by the way, did this with a Constable friend on a closed section of the freeway.
I said it was "composed", but I meant it was "staged".

I almost commented that the landscape certainly looked like coastal plains Texas, somewhere around Pasadena. If it's a freeway, and it's in Pasadena, then it would have to be Texas 225. Ummmm, looks like they are on the southbound side, south of Pasadena, but pointed in the wrong direction. ;)

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 6:54 AM 10/29/2002]
Old 10-29-2002, 10:38 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;) (Chuck Sangerhausen)

And here I thought the "Little Ol' Lady" with the Super Stock Dodge was from California. ;)
Old 10-29-2002, 11:45 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

And here I thought the "Little Ol' Lady" with the Super Stock Dodge was from California. ;)
Pasadena, CA may have its Rose Parade, but it won't smell like roses in Pasadena, TX. You won't find no floofy roses there, but you might find a few "Little Ol' Ladies" pulling down longnecks at the local icehouse and scootin' their boots to C&W music. :D

However, if you work or own a business there, the smell smells just like money. Pasadena is full of REAL people that work hard running an incredible collection of petrochemical plants running for miles along the Houston Ship Channel.

It is very likely that you own some processed hydrocarbon molecules that passed through Pasadena, TX...and, if you don't like the smell of roses, you can always buy yerself a new car. Now, that's a smell everybody likes. :yesnod: :yesnod: :cheers:
Old 10-29-2002, 03:53 PM
99 Torch Coupe
Pro

Default Re: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;) (Chuck Sangerhausen)

I like the bad reputation Pasadena has, the more people stay away the less traffic problems we have, :D and all the other things that comes with a bigger city.

So if you're thinking about coming or moving to Pasadena, Texas, yes the smell is bad, real bad :crazy:
Old 10-29-2002, 05:01 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;) (99 Torch Coupe)

So if you're thinking about coming or moving to Pasadena, Texas, yes the smell is bad, real bad
Don't werry about me moving there...Pasadena wouldn't be a bad place to live, but it wouldn't be my first choice either, and that would include most places on the Gulf Coast. I actually didn't think Pasadena had a "bad" reputation; it's a nice family community. I just don't like rain or 100 percent humidity in the summer.

If you are trying to keep the traffic down, you are too late. Every time I ever drove to area shopping in Pasadena, it was like pulling your hair out to get around. What was the main drag there...Shaver? When I lived in the Houston area, that road was heavily traveled with four lanes, parallel parking on both sides, and no center turning lanes...People were constantly needing to turn left which effectively shut down one lane, and then you had stop lights guaranteed to be red every block. A shopping trip to Pasadena ranked right up there with a root canal. :D :D

Old 10-29-2002, 06:02 PM

Chuck, I guess you know there is a Pasadena, Maryland as well as a Hollywood, Maryland, but don't think I would want to live there.

Pasadena's claim to fame was that back in the 70's, a low life Baltimore movie producer, John Waters, made a really BAD film there called "Pink Flamingos" starring Devine. It was the pits. Now it's a cult film they show downtown on Saturday at midnight and there is a waiting line to get in. :jester
Old 11-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Bryan Lee
Intermediate

Sonny Poteet lives about a mile from me in the same neighborhood. I believe he told me that the picture was taken on Beltway 8 when it was under construction.

I was at the mailbox a couple of months ago and heard the unmistakeable whine of a blower motor. Here comes Sonny motoring by. He drives this car, it ain't no trailer queen. He's ran it at the drag strip. Sonny owned a wrecker company for years and now has a small pawn shop in La Porte.

To me having a beautiful car and not driving it is like being married to a supermodel and being celebate. I don't get it.

BL

[Modified by Bryan Lee, 9:09 PM 11/4/2002]

Quick Reply: What can you say but..............TEXAS........ ;)