Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 03:24 PM

Default All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........

Well dang it, give em up, let's see em! :jester Somebody has to be coming back home today, with digital photos from Thursday, Friday and today. I'd sure like to be up there, but I'm short on time and too much to do. :cheers:
Old 08-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (FXT)

At least you're within reasonable striking distance, Patrick. I wonder how many driving hours it would be from Vancouver? Or even flying hours, for that matter.

I know what it's like to be busy. Last week, I dropped 18 trees, most of them alders which had outlived their span and were rotting from the inside out. The largest was more than 2 ft diametre which, for an alder, is amazing.

The people who owned this place before us didn't believe in yardwork or maintenance. These alders don't look like they were planted, just random seeding, I guess, but all were in the middle of a nice laurel privacy hedge. I'm afraid I made a mess of the laurel but it grows back quickly.

At any rate, the municipality I live in doesn't allow open burning, regardless of the time of year. I know because I tried burning some deadfall in the spring and had a visit from the fire dept. sigh. So I have to either bundle or bag all desbris for free curbside pickup or haul it to the 'green' dump myself and pay a tipping fee. The workers who do the curbside pickup must just hate me as I've bagged & bundled about 5 years worth of deadfall and accumulated leaves and yard mess in the past few months. :eek:

I've spent more hours doing yardwork since moving in here than in years before. At our last house, the yard was a mess but it was 1/4 the size. :eek:

ANYWAY, enough of my woes. I, too, hope someone posts some Carlisle pics. I'm sure 67 will accomodate once he gets back. :cheers:
Old 08-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

According to MapQuest, it's only 48 hours driving time from White Rock, BC to Carlisle PA.

Old 08-24-2002, 09:19 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (Mac)

Goes right through my house - stop in on the way and we'll tip a few! :D
Old 08-24-2002, 09:22 PM

I know what it's like to be busy. Last week, I dropped 18 trees, most of them alders which had outlived their span and were rotting from the inside out. The largest was more than 2 ft diametre which, for an alder, is amazing.
Yep Mac, time is short..... tomorrow, I have to change in the oil and filter in the C-5, and the Blazer. Then gotta get the Ford tractor out of the barn, change the oil, drop the mower deck, take off the blades and sharpen them, and then mow 2 acres of grass. Man, I get tired just thinking about it. :nopity

After that, I gotta drive 10 miles to get some beer, because I live in a dry town! :cry :cry
Old 08-25-2002, 11:28 AM

According to MapQuest, it's only 48 hours driving time from White Rock, BC to Carlisle PA.

Maybe 48 hours as the crow flies! :jester I drove from D.C. to San Diego and it took 4 days.....15 hours a day @ about 75 mph +/-. Jeez, it took 15 hours and 900 miles just to drive across Texas, from Texarkanna to El Paso!

Heck, I probably drove right by Chucks place, would have stopped there if I knew him then. :lol:
Old 08-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Like I said, this is according to Mapquest, so take from it what you will.

The neat part of Mapquest is that it gives you directions including turn-offs and the distance between them etc. with details maps generated by the website. The one I posted was the overall which can be broken down into much smaller maps.

I don't see how they figure you can drive almost 4800 km (3000 miles) in 48 hours. You'd have to maintain an average of 60 mph minimum to keep that pace. While 60 mph doesn't sound all that hard, doing it as an average means most of the time, you're driving 80+ mph to make up for those times when you're driving at less than 60 mph, like at every intersection, speed zone, you name it. It's possible but not if you wanna keep your licence.

Besides, you have to figure in stops to visit Forum buddies. Thanks for the invite, JohnZ!
Old 08-25-2002, 04:37 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

the mapquest maps are fine but the directions stink because they say when you leave my house you take cupp drive to rt#66 and cupp drive is a dead end street. i ran into the same problem this week at carlisle finding my motel,the map was correct but the directions were wrong. they had you taking steets that you did not need to get to the motel. :chevy
Old 08-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (clem zahrobsky)

I've never used the directions in town. I normally ask for directions from generic locations (ie: White Rock, BC to Carlisle, PA) and they've never messed me up on highway directions- so far. :D
Old 08-25-2002, 06:06 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove from D.C. to San Diego and it took 4 days.....15 hours a day @ about 75 mph +/-. Jeez, it took 15 hours and 900 miles just to drive across Texas, from Texarkanna to El Paso!

Heck, I probably drove right by Chucks place, would have stopped there if I knew him then.
I never did FOUR days before. I did two plus days once...1800 miles from Schenectady, NY to College Station, Texas. The first day is not bad. The second day is pretty tough. By the third day, you're hoping you'll have an accident and be killed so you will be out of your misery. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time you are through this way, Patrick, let me know...I will introduce you to Shiner Bock beer and Mexican food that even Texans proclaim to be the best in the state. :D

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 3:07 PM 8/25/2002]
Old 08-26-2002, 10:46 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Mac,

I did meet a guy there from B.C. and he drove, he said he knew Ron, does resto's at his home, and ownes a '67 435 coupe and said he might know where there were a couple of cars for me, but he didn't stop back by like he was supposed to.

Patrick, when one of the other Forum members (Belly's 72) was in the Army he drove from Potsdam Ny to 29 Palms california in 36 hours.

Tom
Old 08-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (Tom McCabe)

I did meet a guy there from B.C. and he drove, he said he knew Ron, does resto's at his home, and ownes a '67 435 coupe and said he might know where there were a couple of cars for me, but he didn't stop back by like he was supposed to.
It would be easy enough to get distracted in Carlisle! Hmmmm, I wonder who it was? There's not that many 67 325 coupes running around; only about twice as many as were manufactured.... :D

Ron has been active in the business side of the Vette hobby for quite a while so he could likely put you back in contact with the guy if you wanted to follow up.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:26 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack..... :D
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=373834
Old 08-27-2002, 02:44 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (67HEAVEN)

Welcome home! Did you remember to wipe your feet on the mat at the front door? :D
Old 08-27-2002, 01:32 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Mac,

Has Ron Been around at all lately? I would like to get back in touch with the guy as it seemed he knew what he was talking about, if he could set me up with a car I would be happy, he also knew quite a bit about that dealer near you and said most of the cars are consighnment cars.

Tom
Old 08-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........ (Tom McCabe)

RonD has been conspicuious by his absence for a couple months but I have his e-mail and other contact information. I'll e-mail him and ask him to get ahold of you. I expect he still has your contact information. Besides, he still has some of my interior parts.... :D

When I checked with the local dealership by phone, the person who answered basically said cars are coming up all the time. Like I said- Proteam North.

Get notified of new replies

To All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........

Quick Reply: All right, who's got Carlisle Pics........