Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Help me ID my 64

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:17 PM
FETSVETTE
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me ID my 64

I have what I know to be a Corvette block, with a very plausible date code. However, the stamp pad is confusing to anyone who has seen it. I'm hoping for some help. The car is supposed to be a 327/300hp car. The serial number is 21809. The casting number and date as well as stamp pad pictures are in my album. If anyone can help me out I appreciate it. The tag on the carburetor has the correct # to match a 300hp 4-spd car.
Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by FETSVETTE
...I have what I know to be a Corvette block...the stamp pad is confusing to anyone who has seen it...
I can understand why. I cannot read the complete engine stamp, but the IS code was not used on Corvette small blocks.

The block casting number is correct for a 63-65 327.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM
FETSVETTE
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you see in the picture is all that I can read as well. J0950 and it's hard to make out much of the second set ?52IS. I had someone say it might have been a crate motor that got pulled off the shelf and put in?? I just have a hard time believing that the date would have been accurate like it is.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me ID my 64

Quick Reply: Help me ID my 64