Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

factory overspray

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:43 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

Default factory overspray

im trying to repaint as close as possible[yes in using 2-part epoxy-base coat clearcoat] id like to get the overspray in/on the right places before i drop the body back on the frame,any thoughts?,,im planing on doing the primer and first basecoat off the frame,then wrap the frame/engine/suspension in plastic,put the body back on-hooking everything back up/running the car and aligning the body/doors/misc ,then putting the finish coats and clear on,this way it makes less mess and everything gets fitted and checked before the topcoats go on
Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I am not sure what you're after. There should not be any color coat over spray on anything since bodies were painted individually and off frame.

Once the color coats were applied and baked, the car when through the black out process.

If you are intending to do final paint with the body on the frame, you will need to protect the frame and any other area you do not want exterior color.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 05-20-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

i thought i read[ive got 10+ books] there was over spray in the front louver insides and the head light area and thru the tail lights?,,the black-out wasent very good

Get notified of new replies

To factory overspray

Quick Reply: factory overspray