Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 02:02 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right!

As we all know, Canadians depend on Royal Canadian Mountie Police for law and order and have since 1873. As a result, Canadians conquered the North (although the frozen tundra and the arctic icecaps didn't really notice being conquered and the polar bears still don't pay taxes) and kept our country sovereign from those carpetbaggers from the Excited States. Why, we even have a flag!

There's been a ruckus of insults, name-calling and general ne'er-do-welling on the FCR Forum of late. As the resident Mountie, I feel it's my duty to provide a few pearls of wisdom gleaned from my years of pursuing Snidely Whiplash and the other nefarious rapscallions here in Frostbite Falls.

1) Different people have different opinions. As distasteful as it may seem, there is room for more than one opinion on this Forum. You may disagree with me (if I allowed you to do so). Live with it.

2) There is more than one way to skin a cat (I prefer the fillet knife method) and there's more than one way to build a Vette. NCRS Standards are excellent benchmarks but that's all they are. If you have the ownership papers, the only limits are your imagination and your wallet.

3) Paint is a way to protect metal. So is Powdercoat. Get over it.

4) Name-calling is immature behaviour. So is wanting to have the last word. So is running off and sulking. So is peeing your pants (opps, that one slipped in, errr, out). Theoretically, we're all mature adults here, with the possible exception of... oh, never mind :D. If we can't get along in the anonymous world of an internet forum where there's no faces, no 'non-verbal' messages, no indirect communication, then it's a sorry day indeed. Grow up.

5) If someone wrote something you don't like, you don't have to instantly post an angry denunciation. Guess what- we all can read and most of us aren't idiots. We can draw our own conclusions, we don't have to jump to them.

6) If someone wrote something that you really don't like, when you post your angry denunciation, you bring that thread right back up to the top where everyone can read it. Is this something you want? Think about it.

7) If someone wrote something that you really, really don't like, hit the 'report to a moderator' button and tell someone who cares. Maybe the reason FCR has become unruly is the absence of an active moderator. Don't pick me.

8) If posting to the FCR isn't fun, you're not doing it right.

9) Information, to be useful, must be shared. I know a little bit about Corvettes (no comments from the Peanut Gallery) but I know a great deal about some other things. I can share. Can you?

10) A long winded post is not a direct challenge to the intelligence of the reader. If you don't like it, DON'T READ IT but if your next question was already answered in the text you just ignored, it's your own damn fault.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:39 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (Mac)

Could you please direct me to the posts containing the insults, name calling and other general ruckus? Those are by far the most interesting threads and I hate to have to wade thru all the boring crap to get to the good stuff!! :) MJ
Old 05-24-2002, 08:32 AM
3X2-427
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (MNJack)

Ill be good......better........I'll try........I'll make an effort

how about if I just change my name :jester
Old 05-24-2002, 09:23 AM
topless68
Melting Slicks

(no comments from the Peanut Gallery) .
What did you call me...why you no good Northern piece of dog $%^#....Oh Oh, I'm sorry. You weren't calling me a peanut...

Were you? :D :D
Old 05-24-2002, 10:04 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (topless68)

That's laying the law down, Dudley.....er, Constable Mac. :smash:
:D
Old 05-24-2002, 10:52 AM
allenz
Pro

Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (67HEAVEN)

Gee, you Canadian guys are pretty fiesty...... :)
Old 05-24-2002, 11:01 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (allenz)

Gee, you Canadian guys are pretty fiesty...... :)
Don't forget to salute Constable Mac when you say that...

:lol: :D
Old 05-24-2002, 11:12 AM

That's laying the law down, Dudley.....er, Constable Mac. :smash:
:D
Dat's right, and if any of dem get outta hand, I'm gonna take em for a little ride outsida town! :boxing

Old 05-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right! (FXT)

Does anyone know how to get a custom avatar? As much as I like the Canajun flag avatar, I'd trade it for the smiling mug of Dudley Do-Right in a flash!! :D
Old 05-25-2002, 02:52 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Sure, post faster. You need 10,000 :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 05-25-2002, 02:54 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

And before you ask, Mac, those who have them and have less than 10,000 were here in the early days.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

To quote Grumpy from Odd Topic "Damn!"
Old 05-25-2002, 03:13 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Funny thing is......pretty soon everyone in Off Topic will be entitled to a Custom Avatar as a result of talking about everything else BUT Corvettes on the Corvette Forum.

I could have said this to you in a Instant Message (IM), but hey, it's another notch up the ladder this way. :jester :smash:
Old 05-25-2002, 03:36 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Hello?...........hello?..........hello?. ..........hello?

Sure.....you've all gone off to post smilies in Off Topic :jester :smash: :eek: :confused: :lol:
Old 05-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Nope. Still working on the ice-blue family truckster.

Mrs. Mac did bad things to the clutch and, when I pulled off the wheels to make sliding underneath easier, the front brakes were UGLY. The rotors were beyond spec for turning so I dug out the wallet with a sigh.

Installed the rotors and tried to install the new pads but the calipers were stuck out so I dug out the wallet with another sigh.

Hang the rebuilt calipers and go to wind in the banjo bolt for the flex line but it won't go in. I checked it out and the hole in the calipers is standard and the banjo bolt is metric.

Take a caliper and a banjo bolt to the parts store. The clerk asked if I'd tried to force the bolt in. I suggested that might not be prudent with a hollow bolt and asked him to get me a set of banjo bolts that fit.

He ordered another set of calipers because there was no parts listing for the bolts. Grrr. I haven't even started pulling the tranny yet. This promises to be a fun day.

Get notified of new replies

To Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right!

Quick Reply: Helpful Hints from Dudley Do-Right!