F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Need help with 92 project car

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 04:43 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Need help with 92 project car

Bought a 305ci, 5 speed, 1992 that the prior owner was working on for a good price. He had installed a digital cluster that he could not get to work properly and bypassed the clutch safety switch which was broken.

I pulled the digital cluster to find that he had cut the wires on the OE cluster connector to wire in the digital cluster. After the wires were reconnected, and an OEM cluster was installed, everything worked except the speedometer, tach and water temp gauge. The car would start and run fine though.

Bought a clutch safety switch and installed it reconnecting the wiring like original. Had to push against the wires and harnesses to get the switch wiring routed through other wires under the dash. Tried to start it when finished and it blew the 'Gauges' fuse. Undid the wiring that I had done on the safety switch and it again blew the 'Gauges' fuse when I tried to start it.

Last edited by Old Ben; 11-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:29 AM
Y2KFirehawk
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Love the car! Your best source for that level of detail will likely be https://www.thirdgen.org/

Quick Reply: Need help with 92 project car