F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Thinking about trading for a ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Z06seal
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about trading for a ZL1

Was going to get a used C6 Z06, but the wife advised me that it will not be a baby/kid friendly car because it will be a 2 seat just like my C6 Z06...

an argument started about me having to give some things up for when we have kids within the year. I told her there is no way I'm going to give up a corvette and get a regular car for babies. She made some good points about if her car ends up at the shop (which is a loaded '11 Maxima) we'd be screwed while the car is at the mechanic etc.

She then dared to suggest I get a camaro instead. I told her NO EFFIN' WAY.

but after some research, it seems like the ZL1 is a pretty nice car, and about the same performance (at least in the 1/4) as a C6 Z06.

so how would you guys feel if you had a C5/C6 Z06 and traded to a ZL1 due to having babies in the near future.

perhaps I'm trying to justify going to a camaro here
Old 11-30-2013, 02:08 PM
kcust62
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06seal
Was going to get a used C6 Z06, but the wife advised me that it will not be a baby/kid friendly car because it will be a 2 seat just like my C6 Z06...

an argument started about me having to give some things up for when we have kids within the year. I told her there is no way I'm going to give up a corvette and get a regular car for babies. She made some good points about if her car ends up at the shop (which is a loaded '11 Maxima) we'd be screwed while the car is at the mechanic etc.

but after some research, it seems like the ZL1 is a pretty nice car, and about the same performance (at least in the 1/4) as a C6 Z06.

so how would you guys feel if you had a C5/C6 Z06 and traded to a ZL1 due to having babies in the near future.

Ah heck... Do what I did...have the best of both worlds and by the way, my wife loves the Camaro!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Z06seal
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcust62
Ah heck... Do what I did...have the best of both worlds and by the way, my wife loves the Camaro!

Would love to sell the Maxima, and get her the ZL1 and upgrade mine to a C6 Z06!

hell will have to freeze over, THEN she might think about it

Just looking at all the numbers, the ZL1 performs like my C5 Z06 does.

but i'm getting fed up with the arguments of her requiring a second car with 4 seats. it's the 'what if my car breaks down and we need to use your car until mine is fixed' thing.

Maybe I need to tell her I'll settle for the ZL1 if she settles for a god dang minivan!

then I look at myself... and I think... so snobby that i'm turning my nose at a ZL1. it's still a great car! and I'm done with the driving like I stole it or tracking my cars. My Z06 has seen the track (drag) once in the 3 years that i've owned it.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Buy her my Fbod... lol... It's nicely, tastefully built....
Old 01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

^^^ wow, nice^^^
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Stang-etr96
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Add rental car option to car insurance and get her a loaner minivan while her car is in the shop.....lol
Old 05-11-2014, 08:18 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

You might be better off with the Chevrolet SS. There isn't much room in the back seat of a new Camaro for kids.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Have you never heard of rental cars?

Rent what you need on the rare occasion (and it is likely rare) that it will ever be needed, then everyone wins...
Old 06-13-2014, 10:30 AM
bb996+r1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06seal

A bit of advice bud. Once you have a kid, you will give up anything for them.

It's all about maturing.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:36 AM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got rid of my 750rwhp C6 for a ZL1. I guess I'm getting old, lol. I wanted a more comfy daily driver with good power. It rides better, has better seats, a better stereo, and did I mention it rides better? DD on tour and set the mag ride to race for hauling ***. I love it.

That being said I would hate to have to deal with a baby seat in back. It's kind of hard to get back there. If you had a young kid that could get I and out themselves it would be okay. My daughter is thirteen and she's okay with it. My wife has to scoot her seat forward to give my daughter enough legroom. Good thing they are both under 5' 3".

However. It sounds like the car would only be used for baby duties in rare cases. Plus like mentioned above, that's what rental cars are for. I don't miss my C6 one bit. Of course, I just got the ZL1 a few days ago and it's still new and shiny to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about trading for a ZL1

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading for a ZL1