F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Help me decide

Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 AM
EOD_Tech Infidel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide

I am caught between my first (car) love and my second. I have been searching the internet for a 1990 Iroc Z (mullet included). i found exactly what i was looking for. It's blue, all power options, G92 code, which all 5.7 liter 1990 Irocs had to be, its only has 87k miles. i know the 3rd generation F-bodys are not everyones favorite, my favorites are the 1st gens but i cant afford a 68-69 ss or Z car. Anywho, my first car was a 3rd gen and i have always wanted a later Iroc. my second Camaro was a 2000 SS which i enjoyed very much and sold because i bought my first Vette. I have Found a 2001 SS very low miles, all power options and also Blue. I cant have both but wanted to get some opinions from those who have owned one or both of the cars.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I just sold my cream puff 1987 IROC w roughly 67K original miles...

Also owned an 01 z28

both cars have been sold...

As you know... the two cars are totally different... The 4th gen is a beast compared to the 3rd gen... to me, there are a lot of 4th gens on the hwy and not many (decent looking) 3rd gens... The LS1 vs the L98,LB9 does not even compare... I have always liked the 3 gen... especially the IROC's... It's all about what YOU want.. Post a pic once you decide and purchase... GL with your search.

Originally Posted by SSGt USAF
I am caught between my first (car) love and my second. I have been searching the internet for a 1990 Iroc Z (mullet included). i found exactly what i was looking for. It's blue, all power options, G92 code, which all 5.7 liter 1990 Irocs had to be, its only has 87k miles. i know the 3rd generation F-bodys are not everyones favorite, my favorites are the 1st gens but i cant afford a 68-69 ss or Z car. Anywho, my first car was a 3rd gen and i have always wanted a later Iroc. my second Camaro was a 2000 SS which i enjoyed very much and sold because i bought my first Vette. I have Found a 2001 SS very low miles, all power options and also Blue. I cant have both but wanted to get some opinions from those who have owned one or both of the cars.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 AM
scnhra
Instructor

I never owned an Iroc but I did have a 88 TBI 305 and a 92 Z28. My friend had an 87 IROC Z28. I lost my 92 in 2000 to a lady who was late to work and ran a red light. I loved that car! I purchased a 2000 Firebird Firehawk with the insurance money and still have that car in the garage with 22000 miles on it. I currently have a 2010 Camaro and it is leaving this week for the new Vette. I love F-Body Cars and I am going to have a hard time letting go of the 2010 it is an awesome car so much more that any of the F-bodys before.

I hope one day to have a 92 Z28 back in the garage but it will more than likely need to be restored because it is hard to find one that has not been totally ragged on and destroyed. So I hope you find that 90 IROC and if you do post some pictures. I may be a little weird but I like the 3rd generation body style better than the 2nd or 4th.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
EOD_Tech Infidel
Racer

I am leaning more towards the IROC, i have the 2010 Grand Sport for a new performance car, and to be honest if i got another 4th gen SS it would be in the shop in a month getting all kinds of goodies and it would end up as a track car. i think i just have an itch for the IROC. I will post up pics if i get this deal worked out. thanks for the input guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me decide

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me decide