F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

WARNING: Dealership abuse of a guys camaro (need to watch)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
jwaldro2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Dealership abuse of a guys camaro (need to watch)

I live in the upstate of sc 30 minutes outside of Easley where this happend. I saw it on a local Clemson tiger message bored watch the end bc it is the best/ worse part. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4Dh_82kMM&feature=youtube_gdat a_player
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

good stuff
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what happens when you let good ol' boys take a look at your car, and why I never leave my car at a dealership...ever.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
jwaldro2
Racer

Legally will anything be done ab it? I mean since he has the video it's not his word vs their word
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

And this has what to do with a C6?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

video is private?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew6
video is private?
I'm getting the same thing?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Is there a followup on this - was the dealer notified - were the perps fired????
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM
jwaldro2
Racer

Not sure why it is private maybe bc everything has now gone public....not sure if they were fired I know if my c6 has to get serviced I won't be goin there
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM
BestChevy
1st Gear

Default Best Chevy

EASLEY, S.C. – Best Chevrolet has purchased a debated 2010 Chevrolet Camaro today and will auction of the vehicle for the March of Dimes in the coming weeks.

The vehicle in question has been the focus of a recent viral video created by a local man. The person who brought the car to the dealership secretly recorded discussions between two employees and later released a portion of the audio on the internet. Today, Best Chevrolet is releasing the entire 30 minutes of the audio to give the full version of the situation.

At the end of the tape, he drives the vehicle in a similar manner to the one that he complains about. He drives the car just as hard. A car of that style needs to be driven hard to test for the problem he stated. It is a high performance car and is not likely to be damaged in such a way.

In his own words, his vehicle already had been damaged at another location.

The vehicle in question was not originally purchased at the dealership nor ever worked on at Best Chevrolet. The vehicle was brought in for a diagnostic in September, but no work was ever recommend or performed.

Best Chevrolet takes all customer complaints seriously. The dealership prides itself on reputation and service. They are pleased to say we have reached a deal that ultimately will serve local charities
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
jwaldro2
Racer

Okay well its his car he can drive it that hard....I heard the audio...the tech's saying stuff like burnouts and this DA bought a 40k car and then hearing them get confronted ab burning the clutch and then...you guys sayin you were gonna screw the customer w him having to buy a pressure plate and clutch...if the car needs to be driven hard let the manager or owner do it. I'm sure I will never bring my corvette there and my best friend wont bring his camaro there... Where can I see the full video? Also was anyone fired?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 AM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Hey BESTCHEVY what did you do to the employees ??????
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
jwaldro2
Racer

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
Hey BESTCHEVY what did you do to the employees ??????
That is what I would like to know...bc If they say this and say that about how they are an upstanding dealership, but do not fire the employees it's basically a contradiction.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

BESTCHEVY how about a answer ?????
Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 PM
96GSCallaway#1
Advanced

im from SC the car was bought back

Get notified of new replies

To WARNING: Dealership abuse of a guys camaro (need to watch)

Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM
PaystarCEO
Advanced

A Note to BEST CHEVY:

The humiliation I felt for your company was only exceeded by the incredulousness of your response.
Some unsolicited advice:

1. Fire your attorney/PR firm or who ever wrote that ridiculous response.
Aside from the fact it has no positive business merit for you, it simply makes no logical sense. Blaming your own client for the actions of these specific idiot employees is laughable. Your client could take a dump in his OWN car if he wanted to because you see, he OWNS it. Your company on the other hand does not - which is why it takes TRUST for a client to let you take their car. If your employees found that dump in the car, they can NOT, for example, ALSO take a dump in the car. They are allowed to only do their job, and nothing to hurt or abuse the car.

2. Fire those idiot employees (if you haven't already).
Its not what you see, its what you DON'T see that is causing the real damage. These idiots have destroyed trust and it was made VERY PUBLIC. Surely you must realize EVERY past client that ever had work done at your business is thinking about all those things that went wrong with their car after your team serviced it. It doesn't matter that perhaps none of it is related to your company, all that matters is everyone is going to at least think about it. These idiots have caused you more harm than you can imagine.

3. Rewrite your response disavowing your initial letter and clearly take full blame for what happened, what you have done about it, and what you are going to do to earn the trust back. Something along the lines of "We messed up, and take full blame for what happened. The individuals involved have been fired, and we have bought the car back to the satisfaction of the client. Over the next 60 days we will be establishing a "Trust Assurance" program complete with a 24/7 audio/video monitoring of every vehicle that all our clients will have complete access to. We will endeavor to use this mistake to become a better company".

But that's just some unsolicited advice ... I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Good luck

PS- and to the poster, thanks for sharing the information. I don't know how I would have handled a recording like that. So thank you!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
jwaldro2
Racer

No problem! I just wanted people to be aware things like this do happen. And I know how meticulous us corvette owners are.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
1320b4you
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New link to vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWqsaKP9Y8

F'ing non-educated scumbags..fresh outta a "tech" school w/no respect for ones property or any business sense. Common business knowledge is if you treat people right, you'll get more $ in the long run from repeat business due to high cust satisfaction. I love the statement 'he spent 40k on the car'...i guess meaning he could afford a clutch out of warranty. Were they jealous b/c of the owners ability to afford the car or his ability to own a house w/a foundation instead of one that rides on 4 205/75/15" tires...you be the judge.

...and they probably weren't fired b/c the Union would contest it. What the dealership should have done was make the mechanic pay (or dock him) for the entire clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and tires...and give the job of replacing these components to a different mechanic not ensnared in this sting to make bank off of.

Last edited by 1320b4you; 12-27-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: WARNING: Dealership abuse of a guys camaro (need to watch)