F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

not a vette but wow! race 69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default not a vette but wow! race 69 camaro

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item3a70fff071

to make a trans-am Camaro is always on my mind...

look at this car.
i'm impressed by the engine. 302, 500hp at 8500 rpm
look at the engine start up video. I always thought that starting my L88 engine was damn complicated...but the one in the video is crazy!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Some things stand out about that clone car to me. The worst thing is that it is not legal. It's a way over weight clone without racing history. I'm not sure why you would keep claiming to race or setup a car on a track that has not existed for more than 8 years.

If it was period correct motor it would be a solid cam and more like low 7000 rpm. Our shop has a real Ford GT 350R. It is 500 pounds lighter than this Camero with the same type sub 310 ci motor. I'd have to ask the boss the exact weight. My driving experience would call them very lack luster to drive. No TQ and the small tires are a real limitation.

They have the looks and the sound, but the lap time prove that they really are not bad ***.

Where did you see 8500 rpm mentioned?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gkull
Some things stand out about that clone car to me. The worst thing is that it is not legal. It's a way over weight clone without racing history. I'm not sure why you would keep claiming to race or setup a car on a track that has not existed for more than 8 years.

If it was period correct motor it would be a solid cam and more like low 7000 rpm. Our shop has a real Ford GT 350R. It is 500 pounds lighter than this Camero with the same type sub 310 ci motor. I'd have to ask the boss the exact weight. My driving experience would call them very lack luster to drive. No TQ and the small tires are a real limitation.

They have the looks and the sound, but the lap time prove that they really are not bad ***.

Where did you see 8500 rpm mentioned?

I think you are reading a bit too much into it. The seller really doesn't make any claims about the car. Its not misrepresented in any way.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
gto65racer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally know this car and the owner/builder. It is a trans-am tribute built car. This is a very impressive car and will make the new owner very happy.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by gkull
Some things stand out about that clone car to me.

the thing that stands out to me the most is that it is a very nicely done car...

Get notified of new replies

To not a vette but wow! race 69 camaro

Quick Reply: not a vette but wow! race 69 camaro