F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

FS: 1998 CAMARO SS DSOM 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:42 PM
MJs1fastSS
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FS: 1998 CAMARO SS DSOM 6 speed

Car looks and runs great. REAR wheel HP 346 is and torque is 344 numbers are on the dyno sheet below. the estimated number before the MAF tuning was flywheel horsepower of 350HP
Bought the car and painted the 06 corvette color Daytona sunset orange metallic plus bolt ons listed below for my DD. The motor was swapped by previous owner due to a spun rod bearing, the motor currently in it is a 2000 ls1 from a z28 that has 69,xxx miles and runs hard tremec t-56 6 speed transmission shifts smooth. THERE are no leaks which is usually typical for f-body cars. Car was salvaged by previous owner as someone hit the rear quarter panel ( you cannot even tell it was hit now) the car drives great/straight and perfect orginal color was silver, then last owner painted it an ugly charcoal metallic. I since then had the car painted in a two stage paint of what it is now

I would take this car across the country as I have already. I drove the car from southern california for school to Missouri. I got the car ready for the trip and replaced everything with all the top products available everything roughly has about 3500 miles on them and have had the car out here since late august. This SS is a real head tuner and gets attention everywhere it goes. Must see to appreciate.

2 Door HARDTOP Camaro , ls1 v8, Rear Wheel Drive, Air Conditioning, Center Console,Bucket Seats, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Alpine CD player, Antilock Brakes, Driver and Passenger side Air Bag, Traction Control. Current tags, smog, and up to date registration.
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro SS
Year: 1998
Engine: ls1 346cu V8
Color: Daytona sunset orange metallic
Trans: Manual 6 speed
Mileage: 111,xxx on OD , 69,xxx on motor will change as it is still being driven as a DD
Title: salvaged CA title

A/C , PW, PL, PS, Cruise, etc.

-Appearance (good looking car)
Stock ground effects kit and SS spoiler
Tinted Windows 5% limo sides rear and visor
Rear "CAMARO" berger panel painted satin black/

10 spoke SS 17" rims painted stain black
front grill SLP SS painted satin black
grey leather interior (top of back seat has a rip in seem from previous owner not having tint on car due to heat)
c5 corvette fuel rail covers
door bumper guards deleted
custom factory tri color tail lights with 3 roll of LED for running and brake lights very bright
whisler mod headlights clear lenses painted satin black on inside

-Performance
K&N FIPK cold air intake
SLP LS6 intake
bbk 80 mm tb
sam strano lowing springs
Koni shocks front and rear
msd plug wires
ngk irdium plugs
long tube headers
custom ORY pipe NO CATS
custom Borla xr-1 exhuast dumped after the driver rear tire
no egr or smog equipment
car is tuned professionally by Cunningham Motorsports (CMS) in southern california
only mobil-1 used
hurst shifter/ 2" white 6 speed hurst **** / Lou's shortstick
dual HID 5000k on low beam and 5000k on foglights SUPER BRIGHT at night
factory SS ram air hood ( fully functional )
160 thermo
new water pump 3.5k miles

-Suspension and wheels / tires
SLP strut tower bar
Rear BMR adjustable control arms
Bmr adjustable panhard bar
BMR relocation brackets
polyurethane front and rear sway bar bushings
Drilled frontrotors with Ceramic front/ rear brakes <3000 miles
245/45/zr17 Hancook ventus tires 50 k mile tire with 90% tread remaining
3 channel rear differential with 3.42 gears in the back

-Sound (clean)
Alpine head unit
3 way fosgate front door
2 way fosgate rear
side speakers are stock

-Security
Keyless entry
papers in hand.....
This car has not been to the track nor abused, my purpose was the reliability of the ls1 in the DD . will also throw in with the deal a GM hotcam and ls6 springs

price is 8000
email
MJs1fastSS@yahoo.com or give me a call 909 528 5700
to discuss car is well taken care of and is located in zip 63435 in eastern/northen Missouri, western, IL border (canton/quincy).... I myself am from california hence my profile not a new member have 59 trader rating on tech. thanks _michael
no trades
please email me if interested in a video "walk around of the car, idle clip, or more specific pictures as this is what i have here on my labtop i will be happy to take more when i get back in MO just send me an email or pm with detail thanks for looking

pics is on the mississippi river and the others are old ones and not cleaned up too well

Last edited by MJs1fastSS; 12-24-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:16 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

nice car i can vouch for it
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 AM
MT0911
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking Camaro. Love that color + black rims. Good Luck with the sale.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1998 CAMARO SS DSOM 6 speed

Quick Reply: FS: 1998 CAMARO SS DSOM 6 speed