F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Father and Son painting his 1980 Trans Am.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:36 AM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wu6fiend
I enjoyed this thread, but its unfortunate it just "stopped" without a conclusion (IIRC, the car was just out of paint, with no interior when his son left for school). And it looks like the OP is not active on the forum anymore (his last post was in 2013, from what I can see). I wonder what happened to him?
CorvetteMike was having problems with some of the members here on the forum and thought it wasn't worth the headache to stay and deal with the hassle. I tried about a year ago to get a hold of him but to no avail. He was a great member and had a lot of information to pass along on different subjects. I was hoping he would be back by now but guess he's moved on to other things.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Gary96
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrmtrtrnd
CorvetteMike was having problems with some of the members here on the forum and thought it wasn't worth the headache to stay and deal with the hassle. I tried about a year ago to get a hold of him but to no avail. He was a great member and had a lot of information to pass along on different subjects. I was hoping he would be back by now but guess he's moved on to other things.
Yeah, that's what happened. I always enjoyed reading Mike's posts here, he was a good guy.
It happens on every forum that I read and post on, a few A$$holes have to drive good people away.

I was suprised to get an e-mail on this thread after no posts for a few years.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Beechrom80TA
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All, sorry this thread has been dead over the past few years, but really nothing new has come up. I went to School in Utah, came back home for a few months, then went to Colorado to serve a mission and meet/help some people there. I came back in January, Bought a new cover for the Trans Am, and I'm back in Utah for School. My plans for the car now is to save what I can so when next Spring (2015) comes around, I can continue to work on, and hopefully finish, the car. From where I left off, the seats need to be mounted, and I have a few loose ends with the electrical (both interior and engine compartment) and vacuum systems. Then all that I think is left would be to make sure all the smog is on and then clean it up after its LONG sleep. I'm anxious to finish it. Thanks for following the project. Hope to be able to bring new news sooner than much later.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:47 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by Beechrom80TA
Hey All, sorry this thread has been dead over the past few years, but really nothing new has come up. I went to School in Utah, came back home for a few months, then went to Colorado to serve a mission and meet/help some people there. I came back in January, Bought a new cover for the Trans Am, and I'm back in Utah for School. My plans for the car now is to save what I can so when next Spring (2015) comes around, I can continue to work on, and hopefully finish, the car. From where I left off, the seats need to be mounted, and I have a few loose ends with the electrical (both interior and engine compartment) and vacuum systems. Then all that I think is left would be to make sure all the smog is on and then clean it up after its LONG sleep. I'm anxious to finish it. Thanks for following the project. Hope to be able to bring new news sooner than much later.

Thanks for the update!!

Old 06-04-2015, 06:30 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Well, it's been just about a year since the last communication. I hope they made some progress on the car....
Old 06-17-2015, 11:39 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Quick Reply: Father and Son painting his 1980 Trans Am.