Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

LWA LS3 Head porting

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:59 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default LWA LS3 Head porting

Still debating whether I should make the switch for some more power or be content with what I've got?

Video: LS3 heads getting CNC'd
Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM
mr.beachcomber
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

If you LS3 engine isn't stock, what have you done to it so far? Improving the air flow in your heads isn't a bad idea, but if you're still using a stock cam and exhaust system, your money would be better spent on headers and a free-flowing exhaust system.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:02 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mr.beachcomber
If you LS3 engine isn't stock, what have you done to it so far? Improving the air flow in your heads isn't a bad idea, but if you're still using a stock cam and exhaust system, your money would be better spent on headers and a free-flowing exhaust system.
See my signature.... pretty far from stock.

I did retain the LS2 243 heads with the stroker while most opt for the LS3 heads. My results are way outside the norm so makes me wonder if I should leave well enough alone.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 PM
mr.beachcomber
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
See my signature.... pretty far from stock.
Roger your last. (Wasn't sure what engine we were talking about in your first post since your didn't specify plus you replaced the 2006 Z06 427 engine with a LS stroker per your signature.)

I did retain the LS2 243 heads with the stroker while most opt for the LS3 heads. My results are way outside the norm so makes me wonder if I should leave well enough alone.
I'd keep the ported LS2 243 heads for now. You should pick up some ponies with CNC'd ported LS3 heads, but those ponies won't be cheap enough to justify the cost unless all out HP is your objective.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:52 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mr.beachcomber
(Wasn't sure what engine we were talking about in your first post since your didn't specify plus you replaced the 2006 Z06 427 engine with a LS stroker per your signature.)
I didn't replace the motor. I have a LS2 base C6; so I stroked the original LS2 from 364ci to 402ci.

Get notified of new replies

To LWA LS3 Head porting

Quick Reply: LWA LS3 Head porting