Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

power question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
jonas winslo
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power question

Hello all. I have a buddy who asked me how much power a 67 camaro or chevelle puts out- he is loooking at a vette with a swapped engine in it. he knows it was either from a 67 camaro or chevelle. the engine was the stock option 350- not one of the hop up options. i personally have no idea what it puts out, and even a ballpark figure would be a great help(within 50-70 h.p.) alll i know is that it was from the musclecar era, so i figure it is at least better than the stock 195 hp engine. if possible, a ballpark figure on the torque would be great. any help would be greatly appreciated and kudos to you all on your beautiful vettes!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM
mr.beachcomber
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Have your buddy use the engine code stamped into the pad in front of the passenger side cylinder head for an Internet search. There is too much variation between the early 350 engines to even guess which one he has in his Vette right now. Remember that the HP quotes for those early 350's are gross HP w/o accessories. Actual installed HP was much lower.

Good luck with the search!

Quick Reply: power question