Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Would this work????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Would this work????????????

Can you take a supercharger like this one and mount it on a carbed intake with a adapter plate, then make another adapter and mount the carb on top? Obviously these would be custom adapters, but that's not a problem. Also carb linkage would be a custom job, but I can't see why this would not work. All comments welcomed.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:50 PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i think that' a whipple unit and someone should make an intake for it to fit a chevy mill
Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well yes you can get premade systems but they can be pricey. At least compared to just buying this unit and sandwiching it between the carb and manifold. Here is a pre made system at over 2600. The blower I showed is around 500. THe one shown obviously draws fuel through, so I'm assuming or could check if they all can. I'm pretty sure they are more effecient with the rear entry compared to the top entry. I just wonder if other than time invested, fabrication and maybe an odd looking set up if there is any reason why this would not work.

Get notified of new replies

To Would this work????????????

Quick Reply: Would this work????????????