Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (attn P8S racers)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:50 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (attn P8S racers)

I know we race a full tree but Raceway Park has a series called Pro-Dial dash that Panuzzo runs in and have run it a couple of times.

I feel it is a good thing to try but it gets to be a little expensive because it is run gamblers style so it costs 25 to race plus 20 ante for gamblers.

I have been talking to Neil, who set this thing up, and have suggested that more drivers would be interested in doing this but not at 45 bucks. He will consider allowing racers to participate in the race but not the ante if there is some demand.

Who would be willing to try this? It is basically the same dial in type racing we do but with a pro-tree (all three yellows at once).

This would be a GREAT way for our Vette Doctors Pro 8 cars to get some pro tree practice for our Corvette races as well. Those of planning on running NSCA races in Maryland this year can also benefit from this type of racing.

Interested if we allow non-gamblers

REDGAR
Eric Fischer
Bill Fischer
Bill's other son Fischer
Mackey
Dan Swadis
George Esposito (as long as not at the same time as CC)
Mikie C

[Modified by REDGAR, 1:15 AM 4/7/2004]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (REDGAR)

He will consider allowing racers to participate in the race but not the ante if there is some demand.

Who would be willing to try this? It is basically the same dial in type racing we do but with a pro-tree (all three yellows at once).
I wish ALL races were on the Pro Tree. The Pro-Dial Dash is a great series but I object to the extra $20 to race. I think there would be more interest if it weren't gambler's style (or if paying in is optional). It would be great if he could find a sponsor to pay out maybe $100 for 1st and $25 for 2nd and eliminate the gambler's fee altogether. But since that is hard to do, I am open to the option of paying into the gambler's at the racer's discretion.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 AM
SmokeGray89
Racer

This would be a GREAT way for our Vette Doctors Pro 8 cars to get some pro tree practice for our Corvette races as well. Those of planning on running NSCA races in Maryland this year can also benefit from this type of racing.[/QUOTE]

Why not try using a Pro-Tree at a non points Corvette Challenge event. If you can't gat a date this year try to add another extra race next year.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:43 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree?

Erik, I will count you as the second (me first) to be willing to do this. Sponsor ship is great but hard to come by without car count. Baby steps.

Dan, we have kicked that around in the past. Not beyone the realm of possibility Can I count you as three for Pro-Dial no gambler entry?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

Edgar, depends on when and my work situation I might be interested.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:01 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (lostsoulny)

Edgar

Neil is having a Pro Tree race Sat April 24th (afternoon) I'm in for sure !!

I qualified # 1 at the last Pro race.. quaffing is based on reaction time..

Count Me In ! I may be old. but I love the Pro Tree .007 in qualifing last race..
Old 04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (Red96Coupe)

Edgar

Neil is having a Pro Tree race Sat April 24th (afternoon) I'm in for sure !!

I qualified # 1 at the last Pro race.. quaffing is based on reaction time..

Count Me In ! I may be old. but I love the Pro Tree .007 in qualifing last race..
Maybe I'll have to try that,
Old 04-06-2004, 02:34 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (mackeyred96)

Learning the pro tree is a great experiance for racers wanting to delve further into the many classes of drag racing. I suggest all who are serious to give it a try!!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:35 PM
SmokeGray89
Racer

Erik, I will count you as the second (me first) to be willing to do this. Sponsor ship is great but hard to come by without car count. Baby steps.

Dan, we have kicked that around in the past. Not beyond the realm of possibility Can I count you as three for Pro-Dial no gambler entry?
Edgar, It would depend on the date, but it is something I would like to try. Maybe we could one of the rain dates later in the year for a Corvette only event. I think there would be a lot of challenge drivers that would like to run on a Pro-Tree if it was without the gamblers extra cost.

[Modified by SmokeGray89, 2:35 PM 4/6/2004]
Old 04-06-2004, 06:03 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

Using a Pro Tree, It is the true test of a persons reaction. Your are reacting on a flash. Most drivers need to go deep to cut a light. I love racing on a Pro Tree. You sit on the edge of the seat when you are at the line waiting for the flash. I am for it.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:45 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (89NYFINESTVETTE)

Farley I know you are for pro tree but are you saying you will race if you don't have to pay the additional $20 for gamblers?

I will count George and Dan at three and four you five?

pro dial dates are 3/20, 4/24, 6/26, 7/24, 9/4, 10/23, 11/13

Old 04-06-2004, 08:10 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

Farley I know you are for pro tree but are you saying you will race if you don't have to pay the additional $20 for gamblers?

Edgar so you are saying without the gamblers fee there are no prizez/payout for these races
Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

Edgar I noticed a few of those dates are ECS CC dates as well, will they be running at the same time or is one AM the other PM Even though I won one event sat I don't think I am going to do double duty again.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the pro tree is a great idea. We use it once in a while at our local track for streetcar type events. The track owner feels that it takes the edge away from the week in and week out bracket racer. It does keep you on the edge of your seat and is a ton of fun for us.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:42 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

That is correct George.
Those who want to gamble would put up the extra $20, those who don't would not but would also not participate in the payout. If you want to gamble, put it in, if not don't.

As for times, man do I gotta do everying for you guys
http://www.racewaypark.com and click on the big DRAG SCHEDULE on the left
Old 04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is correct George.
Those who want to gamble would put up the extra $20, those who don't would not but would also not participate in the payout. If you want to gamble, put it in, if not don't.
Edgar.. That works.. If a NON Gambler wins the race the Gambler who goes the most rounds wins the $$ & the non gambler will get the trophy..

Either way its a BLAST... my only worry is all these "Young Bucks" will catch me sleeping at the tree...

However "I'll give it a try" count me in.. Common guys have mercy on a "Senior Citizen"
Old 04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Edgar,

Count my Dad and my brother in. I know they have expressed in this race too, but don't want to gamble.

Get notified of new replies

To Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (attn P8S racers)

Old 04-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Mikie C
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (Eric Fischer)

Edgar

Count me in for the Pro-Tree, would love to go at it.

Mike
Old 04-07-2004, 10:54 AM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

I will run either way. I would like to put up some money to have a chance at WINNING some MONEY. I think there will be some friction between the regular Pro Tree racers and the racers that come in and don't pay the gamblers fee. I think if there enough cars entered, They should be divided. Non paying racers and Paying racers. That way it would be even. He is another idea. In the lanes after time shots, Some or most of the racers may want to pay to enter the gamblers race. If the new racers are still not to confident in there driving skills, Why not have another Pro Dial class with a less amount to enter. Maybe like $10.00 to enter the gamblers race. The whole idea of the Pro Dial race was to have a Pro Tree and Money. The track does not add any funds to this, They just give the drivers a place to race.
This is just my 2 cents.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:44 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (89NYFINESTVETTE)

Rob, I think the issues is Pro Dial is not showing growth. If you have six cars in the class, how do you split them to two classes?

I'm looking for a way to grow the class and for an entry level person to enter the class it does not make sense to pay for gamblers. Think of it this way.

They run Sat night.
I can choose to run PDD or Real Street.
PDD $45 for 6 drivers equals 3 rounds of fun and I am unfamiliar with the tree
RS is $25 for 50 drivers and 6 rounds of fun and I am VERY familiar with the tree.

Why should I pay a premium for something I am going to get my butt handed to me at?
Money! Yes PDD with 6 guys paying 20 means 120 to distribute where RS pays less. This is a good motivator right?

NOT QUITE. The class is in its second year and car count is still under 10.

So I think if you remove the premium you get more guys to try so you car count doubles. So what if only half pay? The highest finishing gamblers gets the money...the same money he would have gotten if it was only gambler cars.

The plus side is you have other cars playing and when they get confident, they gamble. When they gamble, purse gets bigger eventually.

Quick Reply: Northeast Racers, do you want to try a Pro-Tree? (attn P8S racers)