Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Orlando here I Come...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 03:30 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 306 Likes on 138 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Orlando here I Come...

I heading to Orlando Speedworld this Saturday for another event..I will be trying to go off the top bulb in Super Pro once again...seat time for me...my suspension guy will be doubling in Pro ET so he can fine tune my chassis and suspension...wheels went up pretty good last weekend...

The following 3 users liked this post by Fuzzy Dice:
16Again (03-29-2024), C5 Pete (03-29-2024), m60gov20 (03-29-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I raced this event yesterday and had a lot of fun..temps were in the mid 80's and the sun wore me out a bit...my truck ran well..the driver is on the struggle bus trying to learn top bulb racing...lol..

I decided to enter the Quick 16not because I am fast enough but for a different reason..I need seat time and the quick gets two qual passes versus one time shot in super pro..plus if you don't qualify in quick you go into super pro automatically...the bump ended up being 5.78 in door cars so my 6.36 was a bit short..lmao..

I did get two passes and my truck responded to the suspension changes big time...my short times went from 1.38-1.39 to 1.35-1.34...believe me, I felt it inside the cab as well...hit me like a mule on launch...part of it is not having left off the button since last May and part is the delay box since I never know when it will launch..surprise!!!..

My two qual runs had 1.35 shorts and went 6.36 and 37...I then went into super pro and that's when the fun started..I knew this would happen at some point but not so soon...lol..so I line up with a nova a friend races..he is dialed 6.98...my first time ever racing a slower car...hmmmm..I remember to put his dial in the right window of my delay box and 6.40 on my side...we stage and then it happens..I am thinking if I did everything right and the top bulb lights...I am oblivious and leave on the bottom yellow...oops!...the delay takes over and I have a 1.59 tree...good grief!...

I kinda knew I might be in trouble when my junk left on the green...he he he..I run it out and drop to be 6.399...oh well...but wait, there's more...I win the round because he red lit...how goofy is that...his trans brake did not hold and he pushed through...sheesh!..

Second round i line up with a dragster dialed 4.42...I try to dial hard knowing he will be closing on me real fast..the air is much warmer now so I put 6.39 on my truck..we both leave green...unfortunately he is .008 on the tree to my .067....I run it out and go 6.382, 8 thou under...he went by me like I was tied to a stump going 151 mph...

I am working on the top bulb let go but it still surprises me enough to throw me off a bit...I will get it and remember, I have not adjusted the numbers in the delay box yet...I want to make 10 passes for a baseline to see how much to roll in/out...certainly looks like I will be taking numbers out...I have 1050 in there now..I have made 6 passes with rt's of 54,70,102,16,45 and 67...I threw out that goofy one...next up may be Immokalee in a couple of weeks..test n tune on a friday night and double race on saturday..we'll see..
The following users liked this post:
C5 Pete (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 09:02 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Seat time, seat time, seat time… it’s all good friend!
Old 04-04-2024, 07:31 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Last weekend at Orlando...she is leaving pretty good..

The following users liked this post:
C5 Pete (04-04-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Orlando here I Come...

Quick Reply: Orlando here I Come...