Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Fuzzy Dice Update...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 10:36 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Fuzzy Dice Update...

Hey everyone...y'all have not heard from me in a minute...I put my truck up after the Memorial Day event...after 15 passes I realized it needs to be gone through completely...let's just say some corners were cut on the initial build...I stop racing in the summer anyway so timing was good...we will pull the motor, carb and trans...all will be broken down completely to see what is in them and bring everything up to perfect working order...the stock case on the glide will be cut off and an Ultrabell put on...the brake system is bad with a mushy pedal so that will be addressed as well...we will weld some D-rings on the frame at the rear so I can tie the truck down on the trailer a lot easier...a diaper will be installed as well...when all this is done we will dyno tune for max performance...lastly, for some reason, a 6 point roll bar was in the truck...it required an 8 point cage but, oh well...this will be upgraded as well before the end of the year...

Now I will move on to an update regarding me...I ran into a heart issue a couple of months ago...after much testing they decided my heart was working at 14%...no bueno, folks...they put me in the hospital for a heart catheritization...I was hoping it was a blockage that a stent could fix but no such luck...my heart is simply wearing out...this is not a big surprise since I had a massive heart attack in 06 along with quadruple bypass surgery...they put me back in the hospital last Thursday to implant a defribrillator/pacemaker....I am recovering as I speak...I am not allowed to race for a month but I would not be anyway due to the miserable weather...

Have no fear folks, I will be back racing as much as ever by mid Sept. or as soon as my truck is ready after that...I can't wait to get back in the seat...I promise I am not done yet!...woot!!!!!

Old 08-01-2022, 11:13 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 468 Likes on 353 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Sorry to hear of the troubles with the race truck, but, really Dan…. Take care of yourself and get better! What good is a perfectly working truck, if there’s no Dan around to drive it?

Heal up soon sir!
Old 08-01-2022, 12:25 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Geez Dan, heal up my friend.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:19 PM
BKbroiler
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 402 Posts

Hoping this all works out for you - your heart and your truck.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:09 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Health is first Dan. Good Luck and stay well.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Thanks everyone...I am on the way back and the device is working good as I understand...
The following 3 users liked this post by Fuzzy Dice:
BIGMAC (08-22-2022), C5 Pete (08-03-2022), hookedup (08-05-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 10:11 AM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear you device is working. Stay well Dan, we need your racing stories
Old 08-27-2022, 09:02 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Time for a little update...my shoulder is healing and I will be good to go soon...I caught a cold 14 days ago and it is hanging on but I am almost over it at this point...I only went out once in the last two weeks just to be sure...as to my truck...I have changed plans...rather than tear it all apart, I have decided to do what it needs at this time and race it for the fall campaign...it goes in the shop next week...the brakes will be completely done, whatever it takes to make them right...real mushy pedal right now...could be drain, flush, new fluid and bleed will fix it but whatever we'll fix them...gonna put a diaper on the motor, gonna weld those D-rings on the frame to make loading/unloading much easier for me...gonna check to drive shaft to be sure it does not wobble at all...lastly we have ordered four new MT tires...time to get those Goodyears off that thing...

My plan is to come back out with the truck at the last points event at Bradenton on Sept. 24th/25th...I did find out why the truck runs a bit too warm for my taste...the previous owner filled the block 2 inches...sigh...why, I have no idea...it has always been a bracket truck...I shift at 6800 rpm and go through the traps at around 6600...makes no sense unless there was an issue they had...no idea and the previous owner is not talking...in the late rounds it becomes very problematic...hard to do a quick turn around when it comes back after a run at 200 degrees...we plan to pull the motor and trans after the New Years event...I am leaning towards starting over with a new 4 bolt main block...we'll bore it 40 over like what I have so a lot of the parts will be re-used, God willing and the Creek don't rise...lol...

I will be upping the launch rpm to 3500...the guy who built the truck said it is set up to launch at 3800-4000 rpm...he said the truck will not perform very well at lower rpm launches...I will probably end up at 3800 or so once I get comfy in the truck again...heck, I haven't been in the seat since Memorial Day...my schedule is heating up...looks like I will be racing 8 events between Sept.. 24th and the end of the year so far...minimum 5 grand to win up to 50 grand to win...funny part is there are no events in October at this point...oh well...that 's about it so good luck everyone and go hurt some feelings, I plan to soon...
The following users liked this post:
C5 Pete (08-27-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 02:37 PM
m60gov20
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts

Speedy recovery!
Old 08-30-2022, 09:14 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by m60gov20
Speedy recovery!
Thank you, I am getting there...we have changed the plan again and this looks like the final version...after the first of the year we will pull my current motor and sell it carb to pan...then build a brand new motor using a Dart SHP block...probably end up being a 400 c.i. or so...just looking to go 6.30's in summer and 6.20's in winter...maybe around 13 to 1 squeeze on 110/112 race gas...we'll see...
The following users liked this post:
BIGMAC (08-31-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuzzy Dice Update...

Quick Reply: Fuzzy Dice Update...