Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 12:40 AM
scool93535
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (mackeyred96)

clubs? CLUBS?? We have the Corvette Challenges. We don't need no stinking clubs! :D :eek: :rolleyes: :steering:

Yes but CLUBS will become a big part of the CORVETTE CHALLENGE in 2003..

More on this to follow ;)
Whatch'ya talkin about Willis? :steering:

:cheers:

[Modified by scool93535, 9:41 PM 12/20/2002]
Old 12-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Nitro Junkie
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (REDGAR)

Baton Rouge Corvette Club

We have track day 2 or 3 times a year. About a dozen or so hardcore drag racers with another dozen or so that come just for fun. Also the local dragstrip, http://www.noproblemraceway.com has a SCCA road race course that several members have become hooked on.

We usually get together with the Lafayette and New Orleans clubs once or twice a year and have a confederation race day.

Every year we sponsor a car show for St. Jude Children's Hospital. We have raised over $65,000 over the last 5 years.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:35 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (scool93535)

We are working on a program that we want to prototype here in the east and then like everything else, spread it around
Old 12-30-2002, 12:42 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (REDGAR)

Well I am planning on being part of the Great Lakes Corvette Challenge,

but I also belong to a local club

Fox Valley Corvette Club in Batavia, IL
Old 12-31-2002, 05:32 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

We are working on a program that we want to prototype here in the east and then like everything else, spread it around
We are going to try to get more clubs involved with the Corvette Challenge.

This should be a fun program :thumbs:
Old 01-01-2003, 05:58 AM
JTE
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 4-7, 9 & 10 Veteran

We don't have many people who currently drag race. Most of the club members are older with a small percentage of those have done it in the past.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:54 PM
UB2 SLOW
Burning Brakes

Caro-Vette, but only me and one other club member race.

[Modified by UB2 SLOW, 4:54 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-03-2003, 04:43 PM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

I belong to Chesapeake Corvette Club here in Maryland and there are about five or six of us that will go to the drags occassionally.

Chuck :smash: :cheers:
Old 01-04-2003, 11:43 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (chucschramm)

Chuc keep an eye out as there will be a communication sent out to all clubs regarding something new for the Corvette Challenge.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:56 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

Chuc keep an eye out as there will be a communication sent out to all clubs regarding something new for the Corvette Challenge.
Edgar, so those of is that remain unaffiliated will be missing out on certain aspects in the upcomign season ?
Old 01-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Face
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (lostsoulny)

Edgar, so those of is that remain unaffiliated will be missing out on certain aspects in the upcomign season ?
I'd like to know this also.
I couldn't care about joining any of the local clubs, I'm half the age of the average member.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (Face)

I couldn't care about joining any of the local clubs, I'm half the age of the average member.
Me too.

Vic
Old 01-06-2003, 10:24 PM
KyleBst264
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Member of the National Corvette Museum.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:43 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (lostsoulny)

The negativity around here is killing me.

No the guys that are not members of a club won't miss a thing.

I need another day or two after the banquet before I finish this one up.

This is a win win for the Corvette Challenge, a gain for drivers that are in clubs and a what they call a push right? for non club members who race.

So the only negative you gotta worry about is that I will be racing again next year :jester
Old 01-06-2003, 11:27 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

The negativity around here is killing me.

No the guys that are not members of a club won't miss a thing.

I need another day or two after the banquet before I finish this one up.

This is a win win for the Corvette Challenge, a gain for drivers that are in clubs and a what they call a push right? for non club members who race.

So the only negative you gotta worry about is that I will be racing again next year :jester
Edgar sorry but I gotta give you the dreadful eyes :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , lets see... club members get a gain and us "loaners" get a push... hmm sounds real fair... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[Modified by lostsoulny, 11:39 PM 1/6/2003]
Old 01-06-2003, 11:41 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

Anyone up for forming a new club consisting of us solo road warriors :confused: :hat
Old 01-12-2003, 06:39 PM
te51cle
Drifting

Classic Corvette Club UK, though a lot of the members are more into polishing them than driving them. :nonod:

Get notified of new replies

To Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club?

Old 01-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Red Rocket
Drifting

Xtreme Corvettes of Texas. In Texas the big drag racing series is the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge. Mainly longtime serious drag racers. You have to race with a club to participate. We race at various tracks throughout Texas and Oklahoma. Our club is too small to take the overall points title but we have one of the highest points per car entered. A Corvette only challenge just has not taken off down here.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:01 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (Red Rocket)

Please see http://www.corvettechallenge.info for information on the new Corvette Club Challenge Cup in New Jersey.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:19 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club? (Red Rocket)

A Corvette only challenge just has not taken off down here.
Ya, and I don't understand why???? :confused:

Maybe to many tracks, in to big an area, with not enough racer in any one area to make it work? :confused: :confused:

Quick Reply: Out of curiosity, how many of you drag racers belong to a Corvette Club?