Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Questions about drag racing C6

Old 07-31-2014, 06:28 PM
unitedelements
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions about drag racing C6

I have been drag racing my C6 base (non Z51) more often and want to upgrade to run better times. Right now I'm just running 325 Invos. My car is an 08 base with an A&A kit, meth injection, long tubes, no cats, exhaust. I'm right about 570whp uncorrected for elevation.
I am thinking about picking up some 17×9.5 C5 zo6 fronts and MT et streets starting them off about 20 psi and go from there. Also thinking about disconnecting the front sway bar.
Are there any other things I can do to help improve times easily? Think my stock clutch will survive?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

What kinds of times are you running?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Originally Posted by unitedelements
I have been drag racing my C6 base (non Z51) more often and want to upgrade to run better times. Right now I'm just running 325 Invos. My car is an 08 base with an A&A kit, meth injection, long tubes, no cats, exhaust. I'm right about 570whp uncorrected for elevation.
I am thinking about picking up some 17×9.5 C5 zo6 fronts and MT et streets starting them off about 20 psi and go from there. Also thinking about disconnecting the front sway bar.
Are there any other things I can do to help improve times easily? Think my stock clutch will survive?
Thanks in advance.
I would go with the 17 x 9.5 C5 Z06 front wheels, but I think the M/T ET Streets are a little too much bite for a supercharged C6 with a 6 speed. Might take the chance of breaking the rear or thr trans or both. I'd go with a M/T drag radial size 275-40-17. Don't worry about disconnecting the front sway bar just yet. Get a baseline with the drag radials and go from there.

As far as the stock clutch is concerned it should hold the power for a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about drag racing C6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about drag racing C6