Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

C6 GS Wheel/Tire Combo for Drags

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:33 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default C6 GS Wheel/Tire Combo for Drags

I am starting the build on my 2012 A6 GS with the following spec summary:

ECS SC Kit
Meth
ECS "Big" Cam
Century A6 Trans
Pro Torque 2800 Converter
3.15 Rear Gears

The target performance will be 10.00 (stay NHRA legal) in Florida heat with a "conservative" tune.

I plan to start out with OEM GS front tires and wheels with Nitto NT05R 345 Drag Radials on OEM GS 19" rims on the rear. Before you Forum guys tell me how dumb I am , I realize "conventional wisdom" says you can't make 19" Nittos hook and you need to go to 17" rears with Hoosier or MT tires.

Questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get the 19'' Nitto's hook in a high HP car and if so at what PSI? (FYI- I run at Orlando Speed World and they do a great job with track prep.)

2. If I were to go to a "drag pack" it would be the Weld RTS setup. Can someone give me the wheel / tire specs that would fit the GS without spacers or any mods- in other words a true "bolt on"?

3. Can you run the 17" Weld on the rear only with the stock fronts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude get the NT05Rs... I got them installed on my GS the other day & I regret I didn't get them sooner, I had on Invos which I couldn't get traction in 1st and 2nd ever and I could in 3rd most of the time... I love the R's, Running them @ 20psi on the street and they drive just as good as my Invos, def feel a lil softer on twisties but nothing not manageable, I did some launches in 1st and I love it, with the right driving and tire pressure a new set will do wonders for you! I like the sleeper look of my car... I have similar mods as you but in a stick... Full exhaust, ECS kit, Alky Meth... You can get these to work well, idk why everyone thinks you have to go to a 17/18, now first hand I can tell you these are an awesome tire! Just take care of them no tire shine etc lol

Last edited by 1MEANGS; 06-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Danny Richie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in this same boat as you. This is what I did: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...and-tires.html

Check out further info on the second page too.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 GS Wheel/Tire Combo for Drags

Quick Reply: C6 GS Wheel/Tire Combo for Drags