Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Shakedown runs this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 PM
_ski_dwn_it
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Shakedown runs this weekend

Took the family and new (refreshed) motor out to the track for a few shakedown runs. Had a great time with the kids, GF, and my father on a beautiful Saturday at the track.

Car ran better than expected in not the best of weather. Previous best 60ft time was 1.31....this weekend 1.30, 1.30, 1.29!

The car was cranking off the line with same tuneup as last year and same suspension setting as 5+ years ago. Have not touched the suspension since I installed my bolt in suspension 5+ years ago.

This is a full car with the stereo still in it, aftermarket block, and naturally aspirated for those not familiar with it. Change the tires and exhaust and drive it on the street.

Here are some photos: Fun beating an 8sec dragster off the line! went red by .o14, he went red too...haha

Here is the video!

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/ski_...10beb.mp4.html

Hope you enjoy them.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Wow...it's been a long time since I have seen you post, Ski...hope all is well...I see the car is still killer...you run a 434 as I recall...I went to a dedicated drag car and run this now...81 with a 465 BBC on pump gas...good to hear from you...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 04-22-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
_ski_dwn_it
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
Wow...it's been a long time since I have seen you post, Ski...hope all is well...I see the car is still killer...you run a 434 as I recall...I went to a dedicated drag car and run this now...81 with a 465 BBC on pump gas...good to hear from you...

yeah the place started to get repulsive with those that talk but dont do.

yeah its a 11:1 NA fuel injected 434.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Jess........it was good talking to you the other day. I see your car still does nice wheelies.

Get notified of new replies

To Shakedown runs this weekend

Quick Reply: Shakedown runs this weekend