Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

So. Close.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by dev1360
I was hoping some of you guys would hop in. The NT05Rs may not have a faster 60 in them. MTs or Hoosiers will be next.

I was holding the throttle about 4k and stabbing the gas then slipping out about 6k I'd guess. I wasn't watching the tach. A gopro I was going to use to watch the gauges died.

The times I would really push hard and keep the RPMs up, it would spin. I don't think the track prep was there. They were letting street cars and trucks drive straight through the water box in front of me and pull up to the line. They also said it was too late and wouldn't put any compound down for me. My best 60s were all spinning. I may need to ride the clutch longer.

Also was very low on fuel. I'm guessing I'll try more fuel for weight next time also.

I've never cut 60s this fast, or pushed this hard on a stick car. First time out on the new clutch, cam, and tires. It's a learning experience and a good start. Just trying to find where to go from here.
I'd hope for better prep or put on a stickier drag radial before adding fuel to her to make her heavier in hopes of traction. Seat time will definitely help you get faster, good times for sure on the maiden voyage out.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:32 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
next time you got it with 275x45x17
I haven't seen that drag radial listed in any make, thinking you meant 275/40r17?

Originally Posted by Pitufina
Our limiters are set the same way then and I tried to shift at 7k too, but my damn tach is slow verified with the hp tuners. Even with basically some of the same 60ft, mine traps the eight at 94-95 mph compared to yours 99-100! I guess it may be the damn clutch slipping at the top or just that LS7 oem intake isn't helping at all lol

So with the RXT completely broken in now, does driving around town feels the same? Any noises?

I guess a clutch, intake and tune is what I need to do. I really don't want to do the clutch myself, although I can get access to a lift on base Im somewhat unfamiliar with how to tackle it. Do you know any good mechanics in the area other than Chad to replace the clutch or are you up to the challenge on mine?
Is he a Z51 geared trans and you are not? That will make a difference in the 1/8mph traps by a few mph from my experience.

Originally Posted by Pitufina
One last question, did you reuse the stock flywheel or it comes as a full kit? I may enlist your expertise when I get back. In the meantime I'll just enjoy watching you get the numbers and get better and better.
Never run a stock cast iron flywheel with aggressive aftermarket friction materials as you can cause them to explode from enough heat, youtube if you don't believe me...it isn't worth loosing a foot over.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 AM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a non-Z51 car. Base gearing here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So. Close.