Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

3/29 John Panuzzo Memorial Pass @ Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Vettekid1992
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

discussed it with the old man and we will be there. Uncle maybe coming as well but we will only be bringing my car since its the only one "Race Ready" at the moment
Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, this memorial pass is open to all Corvettes. This is our way of showing our respect to John. As long as you have mufflers, all is good. Those with garage queens, trailer queens, track cars, road race cars - as long as it is a Corvette and have mufflers, it is all good.

I sent a message to a few people to hear some feedback on this. This was a thought from a little while ago. I choked up while typing it. I think it was great idea, so give me some honest feedback.

After making the memorial pass, we have all the Corvettes detour over to the 1/8th mile parking lot. We park them in a way to spell JPEE If there are extra vehicles, we will continue the message. Some may know that I have a UAV/drone. I has a camera (GoPro Hero 3+) that can take video and pictures at the same time. I have goggles (FPV First Person View) to see what the camera is able to see. This way I can have the vehicles in the correct position. I was thinking one fly by/hover with everyone and then one with everyone on the side. I can go up as high as 400 feet (legal limit) which would not be needed. For this I would probably only need to go up about 80 to 100 feet.

I think this would be a grand finale to say goodbye to John and to also share this with everyone. I know John will always be with us, but to say hello to him from all of us together at one time would be a memorable moment.

As I said, just a spontaneous thought for that day. Feedback?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:29 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Ladies and gentlemen, this memorial pass is open to all Corvettes. This is our way of showing our respect to John. As long as you have mufflers, all is good. Those with garage queens, trailer queens, track cars, road race cars - as long as it is a Corvette and have mufflers, it is all good.

I sent a message to a few people to hear some feedback on this. This was a thought from a little while ago. I choked up while typing it. I think it was great idea, so give me some honest feedback.

After making the memorial pass, we have all the Corvettes detour over to the 1/8th mile parking lot. We park them in a way to spell JPEE If there are extra vehicles, we will continue the message. Some may know that I have a UAV/drone. I has a camera (GoPro Hero 3+) that can take video and pictures at the same time. I have goggles (FPV First Person View) to see what the camera is able to see. This way I can have the vehicles in the correct position. I was thinking one fly by/hover with everyone and then one with everyone on the side. I can go up as high as 400 feet (legal limit) which would not be needed. For this I would probably only need to go up about 80 to 100 feet.

I think this would be a grand finale to say goodbye to John and to also share this with everyone. I know John will always be with us, but to say hello to him from all of us together at one time would be a memorable moment.

I love it and I am in. I'm not sure how many cars total we'll have (hopefully at least 40?) which would definitely be enough to spell out a large 'JP', should even be enough to spell 'JPEE' as well though.
Let's just hope that drone stays airborne the whole time while hovering over our plastic fantastics LOL, John always was a bit of a prankster so ya never know what he might do with that.
Also have to be able to get it done somewhat quickly so the track can keep the schedule flowing and those racing can make it back to the lanes in time. I'm thinking that the track will gladly wait/hold it up a bit for this though.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Rob, that is a great idea it may be better to take the photos before the memorial pass, that way the time it takes to set it up will not be an issue.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 AM
99ZX9R
Drifting

Looking forward to seeing the pics/vids. Unfortunately, I cannot attend due to a points race scheduled at Atco.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Vettekid1992
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the track is gonna allow us time to do all this? seems like this is becoming a 1-1.5 hour process (including cool down time)
Old 03-20-2014, 05:53 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Vettekid1992
the track is gonna allow us time to do all this? seems like this is becoming a 1-1.5 hour process (including cool down time)
Cool down? We don't need no cool down just keep racin! Any way I'm in if the track allows time for it.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:22 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

We can do it after racing. I put it out there to see it is something people would want to do. No one is being forced too. After the pass we are not running first round for awhile. They will run other classes to give us time.

If everybody were to park there car where I tell them, we could be done very quickly.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 03-20-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:05 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Maybe we can do it before racing begins....
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Mike Beck
Racer

We can do it after racing. I put it out there to see it is something people would want to do. No one is being forced too. After the pass we are not running first round for awhile. They will run other classes to give us time.

If everybody were to park there car where I tell them, we could be done very quickly.
I'll give all of you that are willing an address, and it isn't in Old Bridge.

Let me know what we can do to help Rob. I'll be there that day with mine, don't know if I will be racing the Firebird, but I'll be there with the Vette.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Thanks Mike. I will be calling the office a few times about this. Cheryl thought this was a great idea. Just trying to figure out when I can do it. I am doing all the math and configuration of words based on car count. I do not know how many Corvettes will show up and or participate in this idea.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:45 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by YO-EL
Maybe we can do it before racing begins....
That might be the best idea, but it will require everyone getting to the track and through tech very early. I'll be at the front gate by 8:10am.
Doing it after the finals could possibly work, but some people will leave the track/go back on the trailers after getting eliminated in the early rounds so we might lose too many cars if we wait. I think before the first time shots or immediately after the memorial pass might be best.

Let's all make this happen.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Mike Beck
Racer

Rob, you need to talk to all the racers with Corvettes that day. Why not have Cheryl do a flyer to be given to anyone with a Corvette coming though the gates that day describing what you want to do.

For those people not racing in multiple classes, it should be easy to do this between the first and second time shots. I won't be racing mine, and my brother will have his there, not racing either.

The people racing in the Corvette Challenge, Modern Muscle, and possibly the $500 Gambler Race may or may not want to skip a timeshot for their second (or third) class. Heck, how many timeshots do you need anyway? We usually get two per class.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike Beck
Rob, you need to talk to all the racers with Corvettes that day. Why not have Cheryl do a flyer to be given to anyone with a Corvette coming though the gates that day describing what you want to do.

For those people not racing in multiple classes, it should be easy to do this between the first and second time shots. I won't be racing mine, and my brother will have his there, not racing either.

The people racing in the Corvette Challenge, Modern Muscle, and possibly the $500 Gambler Race may or may not want to skip a timeshot for their second (or third) class. Heck, how many timeshots do you need anyway? We usually get two per class.
Thanks Mike, I will call the office on Monday to discuss this. Thanks

Quick Reply: 3/29 John Panuzzo Memorial Pass @ Raceway Park