Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Help and Support a Fellow Corvette Drag Racer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:06 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help and Support a Fellow Corvette Drag Racer

One of our forum members came up with a brilliant idea to help John get back on his feet with a collection. As we know, auto insurance will not cover the car and all the money that went into the aftermarket parts. John had to pay out of pocket for the transport to the rehab. I am sure there will be more out of pocket expenses. We all know John from the forum, the track, through emails or word of mouth. We all love him. He is a character - one off person. The mold was destroyed after him. Noah even had fun with him back in the day on the ark.

I think we can help with a donation. Any amount you can give would be most appreciated. All donations are anonymous. All - 100% will go to John. Dave was able to build a site just for this. I know times are tough for most if not all. This is a person that is in need of our help and support to get him back on his feet with all the expenses he has now and in the future.

All funds are being handled and managed by Vivian (Dave's wife).

We have other ideas to help. I will be working on other ideas to possible have a gamblers race at the track to generate some funds. Unknown if we can. I will look into it.

Please visit http://www.efiracing.com/john/ to help one of our own.
Thank you very much

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 03-13-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe RP can put the link on their web site for a couple months.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In case anyone is wondering, the site is working well & close to 1K has been collected so far.

Keep it coming
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We continue to keep John in our thoughts and sending our wishes towards his quick recovery

We hope to see John again soon. After all, there aren't too many guys we've met at the track who carry on three different conversations at the same time, all with himself

On a more serious note, those who have visited or spoken with John, please post status updates here since the web page links to this thread for others to get updates. It was wonderful to hear that a few folks got over to see him today.

We also want to sincerely thank all who have and continue to provide support for John through donations. As mentioned on http://www.efiracing.com/john 100% of all contributions will be going directly to John in support of his ongoing recovery.

Unless directed otherwise, any donation is kept completely confidential, no matter how big or small... Please keep in mind that anything helps and there is no such thing as a minimum: The guy just may need a few extra quarters to feed his vibrating bed.

Donations are being managed by my wife, Vivian, who many of you know. She is also donating by contributing all PayPal fees.

Any personal notes for John (that are sent with a contribution) are forwarded to Rob who will get them to John. There is also a guestbook on the web page where you are invited to leave a message. I'm sure JP will find that page at some point, if he hasn't already.

Thank you,
Dave & Vivian
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Mike Beck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for doing this Dave and Vivian. I will see what RP can do for a Gambler Race to help John out also. We've done stuff like this in the past.

Get notified of new replies

To Help and Support a Fellow Corvette Drag Racer

Quick Reply: Help and Support a Fellow Corvette Drag Racer