Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Next step put into motion..house for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 592 Posts

We've been here for 16 months. I used to live in Central Bucks, PA. My taxes are 1/3 of what I paid up north. My electric bill, which includes AC and a pool is 20% less than PECO. I live 8 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and Sanibel. Our house was a short sale, which we fixed up and added a pool in a gated community. I joined the Corvette Club of Naples and they have stuff going on every weekend. My wife hated the cold, the snow & ice but most of all the dreary cloudy days. Almost every day here it's sunny. Plus, we're only 20 minutes from SW Florida airport. There's an excellent ice hockey team ( the Everblades) who won the Kelly cup last year for guys like Ellis. Plus spring baseball. Today I'm going to see the Twins and Phillies play. It has all the amenities but none of the negatives I had up north. What a great place to live!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
We've been here for 16 months. I used to live in Central Bucks, PA. My taxes are 1/3 of what I paid up north. My electric bill, which includes AC and a pool is 20% less than PECO. I live 8 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and Sanibel. Our house was a short sale, which we fixed up and added a pool in a gated community. I joined the Corvette Club of Naples and they have stuff going on every weekend. My wife hated the cold, the snow & ice but most of all the dreary cloudy days. Almost every day here it's sunny. Plus, we're only 20 minutes from SW Florida airport. There's an excellent ice hockey team ( the Everblades) who won the Kelly cup last year for guys like Ellis. Plus spring baseball. Today I'm going to see the Twins and Phillies play. It has all the amenities but none of the negatives I had up north. What a great place to live!
We'll be sitting 5 rows behind home plate.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
spltwindo
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Edgar I'm sure you will like Florida other than the hot June thru August. Racing is great all year long even if you spectate. I have been here in Fort Myers since December of 1969 and I love it. Lots to do and easy to get anywhere. The draw backs to Tampa are the bad traffic and alot of storms move thru there they just had a tornado a couple days ago. Seems to be a magnet for that kind of weather. Give a call when you make the move.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Mark Fields
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow your first mind and every thing will work out,what I like you might not.I have known you a short time but the way I see it you stop racing the CC falls apart RP seems like its on autopolit and most of the people I talk to are thinking of racing somewhere else.Good luck and don't change anything your on point.Mark
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM
L79racer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Well we signed and offer/contract. In attorney review. If all goes well, looking at a Jun 28 close.
Not the agressive Florida shopping starts.

WHAT A CHORE that is. I may just buy the first thing I see so I don't have to go through all that.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Vetter 1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going enjoy it down there.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Corvette Chris
Le Mans Master

Congrats! Seems to be a lot of folks moving south lately, myself included.. Headed to Brunswick, GA within the next year - can't wait for the sun year round
Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Here is an update on the sale.
All going well. Pass inspection and pool inspection. Appraisal and Mortgage firming next and then we wait for the close.

And happy to say we have signed a contract to build a new home in Lithia, FL, south of Tampa. Since we are building, the timing did not work out like we wanted and we will be needing temporary living for three months. Have to work on that next.

Any experiences you all can share on moving and storage?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Florida taxes on a house will kill you I just sold my house in Orlando in Dec.Good luck
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 AM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

Edgar, I'm right behind you. I didn't read this earlier, but I'm in love with Bradenton as well. I wasnt' too impressed with Tampa and thank God I got lost in St. Petersburg because that was a blessing..... I'm looking at Bradenton and the surrounding areas....but you have to be careful you don't end up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, unless that's what you want. I have a realtor Edgar if you want her name, and she is a big racer at Bradenton. My uncle and family moved to Venice and they love it!

talk soon!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

He's from NJ... Florida taxes ain't nothing compared to what he's coming from...

Congrats Edgar.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 AM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the "West Coast".
Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Here is an update on the sale.
All going well. Pass inspection and pool inspection. Appraisal and Mortgage firming next and then we wait for the close.

And happy to say we have signed a contract to build a new home in Lithia, FL, south of Tampa. Since we are building, the timing did not work out like we wanted and we will be needing temporary living for three months. Have to work on that next.

I have a two bedroom two Bath open right now in the Lake Placid area still have to finish painting in a few other things if interested let me know you can PM me........ thanks Rick.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Ron Higgins
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best of luck Edgar
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Matt @ FSP
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by REDGAR

Don't party at Carlisle all night and work 15 hours on the show field three nights before you hop into a Uhaul with a screaming cat and head to Bradenton.. Oh that's just personal experience

Edgar, hit me up if you need any help down this way. If not when you get partially settled you guys come on down check the shop out we'll grab a bite!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am seriously considering this too. Just have to find a job. Sarasota/Bradenton is my first choice.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
BLWN1
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Retired or new jobs? Did you sell your corvette? I have been away I guess?!?!?

Quick Reply: Next step put into motion..house for sale