Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

FS 02 Z auto converted

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
TurboCorky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS 02 Z auto converted

02 Z06 QS with only 14,200 miles with HUD. This car would be a great 10.5 index car or just cruising and hitting the strip for fun. The interior is perfect and the paint does have a few scratches on the top of the hood and rear deck where the previous owner put down a blanket. This is a drive it anywhere 10.0 package.

I have all the receipts with the exception of the bottom end build, the previous owner lost it in a move. Everything was done at the same time in 2008.

The fun list:
LS6 stroked to 383 with Lunati crank, rods and 8.5:1 pistons
60lb injectors
The heads have Patriot valve springs and Comp push rods.
A D1SC Procharger with the 8 rib upgrade at 14lbs of boost. The kit does have the Procharger twin inter coolers.
RPM lvl 5 4L65E with a trans brake. The conversion was done by RPM transmission. The brake has never been hooked up.
Precision 2800 triple disc*
*C6 rear diff & craddle that was built and installed by RPM. The diff also has both left and right 300m output shafts and 3.42 gears.
For cooling *radiator and Dewits high flow fans keep the car cool.
Kenne Bell boost a pump
A water/meth injection system*
American racing headers and Corsa exhaust
RSD Chromolly 5 point *bar with removable swing out door bar.
Kray Brouse quick release harness mounts are also installed.
2 pod gauge pillar with a fuel pressure and boost gauge.

All that being said, the car has never been on the road course and I have had it down the drag strip about 25 times. 1.48 best 60' and 10.07 @ 136.5

Call, text, or post with additional questions. I'll put up a few pics tonight and can email some in car video track passes.

$29,500 in Oregon
Thanks
503 seven zero five 5891
Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
7secondsquarter
Racer

Vert Nice Setup . I had an 03Z with an auto conversion and novi 2000. Stock Ls6 motor (upgraded valve springs) headers 3600 stall. Car would run 9.8 @ 140MPH. Absolutely loved it and sorry I had to sell it! Would be giving you a call but I have way too much into a pure race vette that has not moved. Market is in the toilet price wise .

1.48 is stout with the 2800 stall. I would get mid 150's with that but could get down to 1.40 flat with the 3600.

Good luck - this kind of set up is awesome! Who did the motor/tuning?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
TurboCorky
Instructor

Thanks.
I saw a previous post of yours with your stuff for sale.
I was pretty happy with the 60' since the front sway bar and stock shocks are still on the car.
I'm only selling to gather more capital for a business start up, otherwise this car would never go.

Get notified of new replies

To FS 02 Z auto converted

Quick Reply: FS 02 Z auto converted