Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Against My Better Judgment.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 02:23 AM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Against My Better Judgment.......

Well E Town it's having some sort of "Super Import" race tomorrow (Yes the Sat they were supposed to be closed) RP made some changes, canceling all the "Index" classes..

The only class was "Gamblers" ... So I said what the hell I'll take a shot at it.. well RP decided to give the Imports their two Qualifying runs tonight instead of tomorrow the day of the race

Well it was 2 or 4 cars making a run, and then an oil down. Can you believe it that "IMPORTS ACTUALLY OIL DOWN THE TRACK??"

30 min later Gamblers got to make their first qualifying run... then we had to sit again while RP crew cleaned the track AGAIN

This guy wasn't to bad, he only dropped oil on the first 1/4 mile of the race track...

So now its 7 pm and Gamblers are going for their first round ///

I've been on a kinda "Mini" streak.. won Gamblers last week, and the Pro Dash two weeks ago..

Tonight.. I went 3 rounds with (1 Oil Down Between Each)

So now I'm in the final vs (can't remember his name) but has a very clean 57 Chevy Bel-Air color is Burgundy or a dark red..

Well we didn't get rained out, or heat out, OR wind.. We were OILED OUT!!! Yup RP didn't have time to clean the track before the curfew..

so me & I think his name is "Rendi" split the pot...
Old 09-03-2011, 09:35 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Oil down at an Import race?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Vetter 1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

You are definitely on a streak JP. Congrats.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
Well E Town it's having some sort of "Super Import" race tomorrow (Yes the Sat they were supposed to be closed) RP made some changes, canceling all the "Index" classes..

The only class was "Gamblers" ... So I said what the hell I'll take a shot at it.. well RP decided to give the Imports their two Qualifying runs tonight instead of tomorrow the day of the race

Well it was 2 or 4 cars making a run, and then an oil down. Can you believe it that "IMPORTS ACTUALLY OIL DOWN THE TRACK??"

30 min later Gamblers got to make their first qualifying run... then we had to sit again while RP crew cleaned the track AGAIN

This guy wasn't to bad, he only dropped oil on the first 1/4 mile of the race track...

So now its 7 pm and Gamblers are going for their first round ///

I've been on a kinda "Mini" streak.. won Gamblers last week, and the Pro Dash two weeks ago..

Tonight.. I went 3 rounds with (1 Oil Down Between Each)

So now I'm in the final vs (can't remember his name) but has a very clean 57 Chevy Bel-Air color is Burgundy or a dark red..

Well we didn't get rained out, or heat out, OR wind.. We were OILED OUT!!! Yup RP didn't have time to clean the track before the curfew..

so me & I think his name is "Rendi" split the pot...
Jpee is this the guy you split with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE0R8KqZ3yI
Old 09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Congrats JPee. You're on a heck of a streek.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Harry7239
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was about as long of a gamblers night as you could get. I think they called it somewhere around 10:30, and the track was not exactly packed.. but a few fast imports will do the trick every time.

I lost 2nd round to JP - that was Chuck Render in the final splitting the pot.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
jpee
Race Director

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
Jpee is this the guy you split with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE0R8KqZ3yI
NO.. that was Ken Tyler, and he cant help that, he had 4 operations on his back & spine.. and is losing muscle control .... He was only able to make 1 Time shot due to the pain, and did NOT want to take any pain Meds while on the track or driving..

PS I asked him if he would loan me a few of the "STRONG" pain killers ... j/k But seriously he is going though a living hell.....
Old 09-03-2011, 03:32 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Good job old man.....
Old 09-03-2011, 03:40 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job JPee

Very hard to believe that there would be an oil down at an import event
Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

NO.. that was Ken Tyler, and he cant help that, he had 4 operations on his back & spine.. and is losing muscle control .... He was only able to make 1 Time shot due to the pain, and did NOT want to take any pain Meds while on the track or driving..

PS I asked him if he would loan me a few of the "STRONG" pain killers ... j/k But seriously he is going though a living hell.....
i seen it on another site, and it looked real, it doesnt look like he should drive without his meds
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow John, you might've taken another one, congrats on the co-win (or is it a co-runner up? ).

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Oil down at an Import race?
Yeah really? I don't understand how this can even be possible.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 PM
jpee
Race Director

"WE" are going back to E Town tomorrow (Sunday) thats "Me & RALPH yup he's finally gonna make a few passes down the 1/4 mile in more than 3 months...

I guess we'll run Street.. not sure what other classes there are for me to run in with NO Electronics... But I'll give it hell again...
Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

I was going to say something bad here. But glad I looked at all the post in here first hate it for the guy. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Against My Better Judgment.......

Quick Reply: Against My Better Judgment.......