Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

2011 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Annual Fundraising!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 AM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2011 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Annual Fundraising!

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again! This year, the walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society in Staten Island will be held on October 1, 2011. I am starting my fundraising early to try to reach my goal of $5000!

Thanks to the generous donations from my friends in the drag racing community, I was able to reach my goal last year and the years before. My mother was overwhelmed with emotion when she heard what dedicated friends I have in the racing community and I'm sure she's looking down on all of us who are relentless for a cure!

I have canisters with labels that I can place in shops- body shops, racing shops, etc. I have paper balloons to sell in barber shops and similar places. I will also be overjoyed if people would join me and walk.

I know there is a recession and people are short for cash but cancer affects us all whether it's a friend, family member or acquaintance. Everyone knows someone affected by cancer. It's important that we work together for a cure.

Even the smallest donation can help!

http://pages.lightthenight.org/nyc/StatenIs11/SLaScalla

RIP Rosanne Scaramuzzo 3/1/58-1/6/09 and all others who have passed into heaven's gates after losing the battle with cancer.

Last edited by SheDevll C6; 07-06-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Hi Shay,
I just donated! Good luck reaching your goal! I know your mom is proud of what you are doing. ; )
Hope you are well.

Ron
Old 07-10-2011, 05:07 AM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
Hi Shay,
I just donated! Good luck reaching your goal! I know your mom is proud of what you are doing. ; )
Hope you are well.

Ron
Ron, thank you so much for your generous donation! You have always been there for this fundraiser throughout the years! I know I can count on you all to help make a difference. Lymphoma affects us all!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SheDevll C6
Ron, thank you so much for your generous donation! You have always been there for this fundraiser throughout the years! I know I can count on you all to help make a difference. Lymphoma affects us all!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

bump!

we are doing great!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 AM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

bump.....where is the power of the corvette forum?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shay, We're with you...

My mom, who is almost always at the track when we race, is currently fighting Non Hodgkins Lymphoma: Her chemo starts in the near future. Her mom (my Grandmother) passed away from Leukemia.

We hope you make your goal and wish you success with the fundraising; also hoping with all of our hearts that a cure can be found... soon!

Sincerely,
Dave & Vivian
Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

Good work, I have been fighting Lymphoma since 2005, it came out of no where, with Chemo I haven/t missed a beat.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:07 AM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WALLstAL
Good work, I have been fighting Lymphoma since 2005, it came out of no where, with Chemo I haven/t missed a beat.

Wallstal, I am sad to hear you are affected by this blood cancer, but I am happy to hear that you are a fighter, and that you are still here with us, in 2011, and staying strong. I want to tell you that I support you, and If you ever need anything, dont' hesitate to pm me.

Dave & Vivian, I lost my mother to non hodgkins lymphoma, I know the battle all too well. I'm here if you need anything, have any questions, and I am on the commitee for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society and can provide your mom with lots of info. I'm sorry to hear this but please tell her to fight!!!!

The deadline is approaching and I have yet to reach the goal. I am around $2500 short, but after this weekend's racing, I may be able to catch up somewhat.

Please assist me in reaching my goal, and reaching out to help people affected by these blood disorders. even a small donation of $25 can help one person. <3
Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Bump for you girl!

I lost a friend to N.H.Lymphoma during our 2nd yr. of dental school. He took some time off to get treatments, then one day they made an announcement before a lecture that he had passed. He was 26....So sad.
R.I.P Rob!

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Annual Fundraising!

Quick Reply: 2011 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Annual Fundraising!