Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

"Oh So Close Award"

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default "Oh So Close Award"

OK so I won the "Oh So Close Award".. this yr, Not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES

I guess I'll have the shiniest losing car next year I plan on donating one Zaino kit to the dinner as a door prize.. & "BEG" Ralph, OR the "Kid" to help me wax my car after I get it back from the body shop..

I think the powers that be, are trying to convey a message to me.. that I'm "Over The Hill" and NOT a racer but a "WAXER"

Damn that hurts, not being a Waxer, but being a Bad Racing Waxer..

Redgar.. I'll see you Sat... Yea I'm gonna say it out loud...IF IT AIN'T RAINING!!!

I'll have all winter to Zaino my car, & it will win the Dave Ramsden award cause if I WAX after every time I get beat, I'll have 10 full races to WAX cause I cant get past 1st round..

It must be an "AGE" thing....

Last edited by jpee; 11-15-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

13 I's, not bad.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
Redgar.. I'll see you Sat... Yea I'm gonna say it out loud...IF IT AIN'T RAINING!!!
I'm with this guy LOL.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:42 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
13 I's, not bad.
Correction

8 I's

4 I'll's

2 I'm's

equals 14
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

jpee... you make it sound like things are shrivelled and about to fall off it aint SOOOOO bad.. I mean look at it this way.. its not like your getting blown out of the water in comp.

I had a HORRIBLE year this year.. completely off my game.. lights that were longer then a nagging/whining wifes rant... it was a mess.. but Im still in it and hope that next year will be better.

I thought I was gonna get the "oh so close" award from event 8 in my race against Gary Hurta.. I would have felt better if I did.. but I just really sucked and lost

Hang in there ol guy.. your no waxer btw.. I seen you at Somers and my cars are still cleaner then yours

Hope to see/hear your banter soon
Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerGirl
jpee... you make it sound like things are shrivelled and about to fall off it aint SOOOOO bad.. I mean look at it this way.. its not like your getting blown out of the water in comp.
That's a good point, John is still a solid contender and very likely still well within the Challenge's top 10 best regulars.
Not too shabby for a guy pushin' almost 90 years young.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Harry7239
Burning Brakes

Bracket racing is a fickle game, especially when the competition is so stacked. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll be back to form real soon John.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Ron Higgins
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry7239
Bracket racing is a fickle game, especially when the competition is so stacked. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll be back to form real soon John.
Jpee you are one guy I dread being lined up with in any round. You have plenty of wins to come Ron
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Higgins
Jpee you are one guy I dread being lined up with in any round. You have plenty of wins to come Ron
Ron

I hope your right.. and next yr. I can make a more respectable showing... I don't ever remember finishing out of the top 10 (Redgar I'm sure you will find it if I did)
Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Aviatrix
Pro

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
That's a good point, John is still a solid contender and very likely still well within the Challenge's top 10 best regulars.
Not too shabby for a guy pushin' almost 90 years young.
oh, and also that JP is always a contender! (that one's for Mackey)

Seriously JP: Ron, et al are right - so get you & your car healthy, & ready for next season!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I only showed up ONE time all season for the Corvette Challenge this year and I also won the "Oh So Close" Award for my time out.

I already won the Dave Ramsden award a few years back.. THAT was an honor to me.....

The "Oh So Close" Award, well, not such so much.....

Maybe I'll stop by this Saturday and see if I can get at least one round win.....

Get notified of new replies

To "Oh So Close Award"

Quick Reply: "Oh So Close Award"