Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

NHRA Division Two E.T. Finals @ Atlanta Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Default NHRA Division Two E.T. Finals @ Atlanta Dragway

Fuzzy Dice is accompanying Marc Fisher to Atlanta Dragway this weekend for the Division Two E.T. Finals:
Fisher is competing in his 11-second C5 "Bat Outta Hell" , representing Bradenton Motorsports Park, along with other Corvette racers Craig Gingerich, Kevin Roberts, and Dan Bouldry, all of whom were regular-suspects in the now defunct RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series at BMP in seasons past.

Via phone, Fuzzy reports that several competitors are racing Corvettes this year from various tracks, including a female racer from Dice's home-track, Orlando Speed World:
today's (Thursday 9 October) activities were rained-out, but they arrived safely, set-up their pit-space, and Fuzzy will be taking pictures and posting them when he returns late Sunday or Monday.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 307 Likes on 138 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I am on the way home....I am using a computer at the Georgia RV park where we are spending the night...Marc, c5man99, went out in the third round of Pro with a broken converter...Bradenton won the Division II team championship for the second year in a row...they buried everyone else...

If y'all want to see any pics let me know here....I will be back home on Monday night...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats! to Bradenton for a job well done at the Divison Two Finals
at Atlanta Dragway. Would like to see those pics.....
Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
curtg21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bradenton Motorsports Park!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 AM
s383s
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made it down to 7 cars in sportsman
Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by s383s
I made it down to 7 cars in sportsman
You did a great job...all you vette folks should know that this guy drove his vette from Bradenton, Fl to Commerce, Ga, over 500 miles one way and got over 28 mpg, threw on some DR's and got down to 7 out of 132 starters...

Not only that but he loaned me the car to go off property and get lunch and then dinner the next day...thanks again, Craig...
Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
..... not only that but he loaned me the car to go off property and get lunch and then dinner the next day...
..... it's ALWAYS about the grub with you.....
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Glensgages
..... it's ALWAYS about the grub with you.....
The two most important things for a drag racer (or pit bitch) are energy and ballast..everyone knows this....
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Craig, Bradenton and Sunshine are 2 tough tracks.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Now for some pics...they are from the Pro ET class mostly with a few from the pits that caught my eye...

this is the car I went to help with...he went 7.06 twice and then broke the sprague in his converter...it was the fastest street car on the property...

They call this a Fordolet...mustang with a 409 SBC motor...she is a tough racer..she won the "run for the money" but had to give back the dough since she used a trans brake after she was told by the NHRA office she could...she then proceded to win the second "run for the money" by footbraking to a .000 R/T and dead on her dial with four zero's, perfect run...

beautiful 66 chevy II...my fav...

you have to be a little "off" to drive these...

Don't see too many of these...

Nice 56..

Old school muscle...for you Mike...

more to come...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Some more pics...

For the Marine's out there...

This is a nice "make believe" trans am..

Cool chevelle from my track, Orlando...

Super Pro vette...

Jamie Jameson's vette...he is in his mid 70's and won the Moroso track championship in Pro ET...

This one's for you Glen...he and his Dad built this car from the ground up...full tube chassis and a sbc 434...run's 9.3's...

Dan Boudry's vette...super pro runs low 9's...he once gave me a 10 bulb head start in a corvette challenge..lol...

Bradenton racer...

Craig's cars..he raced his vette in Sportsman and his buddy raced his camaro in Pro..

The "bat out of hell" machine at rest...

This is the rig we drove up and our home for the weekend...he calls his RV the "bat cave"

I almost forgot...two rumors were very persistent over the weekend...one was that Orlando is going to all 1/8 mile racing for the Summit Series starting in January...I confirmed this from the track by phone today...yippee!!!!...if you are a driver, the 1/8 mile is a distinct edge over the 1/4...same money but less stress on the equipment and shorter event time as well...

Second was the rumor that the new owners at Moroso approached the NHRA about holding a national event since they have redone the entire track...supposedly the NHRA told them no way that will ever happen...I now hear the owners approached the IHRA about changing sanctions...if they do change I will be really pizzed I live so far away...I would love to race the IHRA Summit Super Series...they treat racers right, unlike the other group...I'll have to wait and see on this rumor, however...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 10-14-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Jamie Jameson's vette...he is in his mid 70's and won the Moroso track championship in Pro ET...
JJ has the potential to become a good-racer when he matures.....

Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

JJ has the potential to become a good-racer when he matures.....

Thanks for sharing the pics of all the cool cars attending the final, Fuzzy.
It was good to see JJ was there and still kicking butt at Moroso. Maybe next year I will make the team and be able to attend with y'all.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Glensgages
Race Director

Originally Posted by Red 69
Thanks for sharing the pics of all the cool cars attending the final, Fuzzy.
It was good to see JJ was there and still kicking butt at Moroso. Maybe next year I will make the team and be able to attend with y'all.
How'd you end-up finishing in the points this year at OSW?

Repeatedly goin'-rouns and 2 Semi-Finals in the last 3 events should've put you in position to go, possibly as an alternate.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

How'd you end-up finishing in the points this year at OSW?

Repeatedly goin'-rouns and 2 Semi-Finals in the last 3 events should've put you in position to go, possibly as an alternate.
You are correct, even though I ranked somewhere around 18-22 I could have gone, but had already made commitments. Another year under my belt and with a weather machine to help me dial the car and I won't embarrass myself. Next year you might also be in a position to attend with your Z-28. Lots can happen between then and now, so we'll have to see how it goes.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

... two rumors were very persistent over the weekend...

... one was that Orlando is going to all 1/8 mile racing for the Summit Series starting in January...I confirmed this from the track by phone today...

.... second was the rumor that the new owners at Moroso approached the NHRA about holding a national event since they have redone the entire track... supposedly the NHRA told them no way that will ever happen... I now hear the owners approached the IHRA about changing sanctions...
OSW going strictly to 1/8-mile musta come as a shock to many of their racers, especially since the track had full-length walls built just 2 seasons ago, but if their racers resist the urge to think that 660' racing is 'sissified', and embrace 1/8-mile competition, they'll be better-skilled racers for it.

MMP, now Palm Beach International Raceway, trying to get a National Event just makes sense, from their standpoint:
they just sunk a ton of cash into the facility, which wasn't necessary if they would be content to remain 'just' a bracket-track.....
you can bet your last dollar that if Florida ever gets a 2nd NHRA National Event, Light & Compton will funnel it to the track they own, Gainesville Raceway, so they can fill their pants with more money:
hopefully, Bruton & Marcus Smith will come-along, put a bullet in Glendora's head, and put NHRA out of our misery.

Get notified of new replies

To NHRA Division Two E.T. Finals @ Atlanta Dragway

Quick Reply: NHRA Division Two E.T. Finals @ Atlanta Dragway