Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Drag racing seats options

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Drag racing seats options

I'm looking at putting a set of lightweight racing seats in my car and wanted to get a couple opinions. I have searched and most of what I see are road racing discussions. I do drive this car on the street, pick my son up from school, take him to his baseball games etc etc..... But I'm not concerned with a long distance type of driving comfort because it stays local and its #1 priority is to go fast.

I'm interested in getting the lightest seat as well. I'm really considering the Kirkey drag seat but wasn't sure if the fixed back sparco or recaro seat is really that much more comfortable.

Post up some pics and opinions about your seats please.....
Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

http://www.marradind.com/default.asp
Old 03-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Good looking out, thanks Gary
Old 03-19-2015, 10:08 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

wow, I hope those prices are for a pair...wonder how comfortable they are....
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the Sparco seats in my car. They are surprisingly comfortable once you get used to them. Personally I could go for another few degrees of backrest angle but it's not horrible. They are snug for sure, I'm 190 with broad shoulders and back and a 34 inch waist and again they are snug but not uncomfortably so.

Longer at trip was about 4 hours straight on Drag Week and they were totally fine.

- Travis
Old 03-19-2015, 10:48 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

which sparcos are those?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:12 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
which sparcos are those?
They are the Pro 2000s. They had to be trimmed a bit when the cage was installed as the door bars contacted the upper shoulder bolster. Very easily done with a body saw.

- Travis
Old 03-20-2015, 06:43 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Didn't even know those would fit. Right now I am looking at the Corbeau A4 and Sparco Evo II....I just don't know....doesn't appear the Evo II has a submarine belt slot. Right now I am leaning towards the A4 as I can get the inflatable lumbar support with them as I have a bad back. I have been looking to see if anyone local has the Evo II (and will look for the Pro 2000) to see if my back will like them but have not had any luck.

Last edited by HardcoreABN; 03-20-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:29 AM
mindvexed
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have A4s and they're pretty comfortable, though just a touch narrow in the shoulders, and I wouldn't want to be over a 36in waist in them (I'm 6', 190lb, 34in waist). I've done a couple 10hr straight trips and it only got uncomfortable in the last hour or two because the bolsters keep your legs more confined than the factory seats (which is kinda the point).

That said, if you find other ones you like without the sub belt hole, you can add them yourself. Corbeau (and probably others) sell the grommets for ~$20 ea. This post shows basically what it takes: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-harness.html
Old 03-26-2015, 10:37 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is my Corbeau FX1 Pros (fixed back)...they are the small version (32" waist or smaller).

Pros....
~Very comfortable (been in them for a 8hr one way trip).
~Very positive feedback from the road (seat holds firm)
~Removable padding for washing
~Fiberglass base structure
~5 point harness compatible
~Shoulder bolster is very snug
~Roughly a third the weight the ZO6 power seat
~Come with manual slider
~Very easy installation

Cons....
~Shoulder bolster tends to blocks movement for shifting a manual trans (must re-learn muscle memory).
~Sit higher than OEM ZO6 seat (I'm 5'8" and my helmet is less than 2" from the headliner.
~Had to remove the Wolfe 6 point, door bars hit shoulder bolsters (having that reworked).
~Not as light as I would have liked (If I did it again, I would buy a dedicated race seat for track only outings).
~The thigh bolster sits flush with the top of my thigh. Which makes getting out of the car like climbing out of a coffin....lol.
~With the cage out, I do notice a little creaking and a small amount of flex (Would recommend a cage or hardbar for this seat).
~Seat sits straight up, had to shim the sliders to get a comfortable position.

Last edited by LSOHOLIC; 03-27-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag racing seats options

Quick Reply: Drag racing seats options