Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Raceway Park Racers - Must Read - Track Is In Danger

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raceway Park Racers - Must Read - Track Is In Danger

YES!!! The track is DANGER. Why you ask? Last year in the news there was some talk about a church/Religious organization looking to purchase property across from Raceway Park. Everybody thought it was dead since it was not in the news since then (Early 2007). Guess What? At the Old Bridge complex in Old Bridge there will be a meeting about the future of this property being used for this Religious group - I call CULT. The plan is to build a meditation center and a place for lodging of residents. HOLLY S%$T is all I have to say. If this goes through, I for see Raceway Park being shut down. This place regardless of religious type will or can have the influence to close the track. You think I am joking - Think again. Sit back and think about it.

Time is up, Did you think about it? I did. If you would like to be present to show your support - PLEASE DO. If you would like to speak at this meeting you will need to be an Old Bridge resident. I am a resident and I have a lot to say. I am going to speak my mind in a professional manor. I will make it known that I don't approve of this location being used for this Religious group. Raceway Park is a land mark and should remain at this location without fear of being forced to move.

Below are just some facts.
Some facts:
* Raceway Park pays an extreme high amount in taxes.
* Raceway Park Brings in a high revenue to Old Bridge and the surrounding area with there activities.
* If Raceway Park where to close, There would be many people out of work.

Some facts about a Religious Group:
* They don't pay taxes.
* The location in question will house residents = complaints
* Heavy traffic volume during for area between two locations.

I know there would be more to add, I would think by now you will grasp the point I am trying to make.

From what I understand, Raceway Park did look into this property. I don't know the details.

OLD BRIDGE MUNICIPAL COMPLEX AT 7PM. PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT.

I Thank You and Raceway Park Thanks You.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the residents will be glad for it to close, and you can bet they will be allies with the religious group, the cops wont have any problem writing bible thumpers tickets instead of racers. and you can guarantee if its muslims! good bye raceway park
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I had a talk with Michael Napp about 6 years ago when the surrounding neighbors were trying to shut the track down that maybe the time had come to reconsider his options. I even spoke at one of that town meeting in support of the track but felt in my heart that this fight would never be put to rest. Sure the track has been there since 1965 and the elder Napp generation put their heart and sole in the place so that this generation on Napps could have a facility to be proud of and financial security. I told Michael the best plan would be for him to redevelop the track property with residual home and reap the inflationary reward central Jersey has produced, buy the land he was looking at across from Newark Airport and build a state of the art racing complex that would have great accessibility and would be close to the corporate money in New York City.
E-town as we know it has out grown the area, access road, pit area and hotel accommodations are all substandard for a national event track that is only 30 miles from NYC.
So maybe change might be a good thing after all.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Anonymous 1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the date of the meeting?

All you said was 7 PM.

Is it tonight?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
WP from E-town
Intermediate

I just want to say this is a planning board meeting. I wouldn't put it peril of closing just yet. I do appreciate Mr Farley's concerns. He will be a speaker among many other racers and business owners who support the track. I do want to say the crime out of all of this is that Old Bridge planning board would even consider it.It is just plain F----- STUPID.It's just a bad plan not just for us but the religioug group also.I just don't know if they have any idea what this could turn into for them.The sad part is we pay close to 7 figures a year in taxes and the"Meditation Center",will pay nothing. Then they will get sanctions on the way we do business. That is what is so screwed up on this deal.

As far as Mr Mackey's comments on RP.If and when RP closes,that will be it. Another location is a pipe dream.I realize that the hotel situtaion is not the best around here and traffic can suck,but what's the problem with the pits etc. Oh the entire area is paved,unlike all of those so called "DRAG RACING PALACES". Don't get me going on this subject....................

The track is not closing or moving,we just have to stay on the offensive whenever we have a situation like this. Raceway Park is at DEFCON 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:05 PM
WP from E-town
Intermediate

Thursday FEb. 7 @7pm Old Bridge Municpal Complex. Town Hall Meeting room/court house.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WP from E-town
I do want to say the crime out of all of this is that Old Bridge planning board would even consider it.It is just plain F----- STUPID.It's just a bad plan not just for us but the religioug group also.I just don't know if they have any idea what this could turn into for them.The sad part is we pay close to 7 figures a year in taxes and the"Meditation Center",will pay nothing. Then they will get sanctions on the way we do business. That is what is so screwed up on this deal.

I realize that the hotel situtaion is not the best around here and traffic can suck,but what's the problem with the pits etc. Oh the entire area is paved,unlike all of those so called "DRAG RACING PALACES". Don't get me going on this subject....................
Make sure to get it on the record about the tenants or borders of the commune - what will the burden/impact be on the school system? You have to believe they will have children there - I am sure the people of Old Bridge would love to have there taxes go up even more to pay the way for free loaders, new additions to over crowded schools, buses etc.

Spin this so the residents get on your side, taxes are the number 1 thing on every homeowners mind , use it as a tool.

Give 'em hell Farley - just remember be to the point you only get the floor for a few minutes - prioritize

WP - didnt I just hear of the back lot getting a face lift? 600k or 700k sq ft of paving?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know those of us in the South probably cant help much, but if you have a petition or something going around, I am sure that many of us would be willing to sign etc. Let us know if we can help your cause.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
WP from E-town
Intermediate

I don't know about 600k sq ft of parking. I know that we are doing something about our back parking lot. Our lawyer is on this totally. I just think the people who live in OB have to know what's going on in the town. Does this make sense anywhere,that you would let a "MOSQUE" move in next to a racetrack. Would we be able to move in next to a Mosque? What planning board in their right mind would OK this????? Only one...................
Old 02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

THURSDAY 7PMSorry for leaving this out. I was writing this in anger. I am also thinking about how THEY WILL SCAM THE SYSTEM. What system you ask? It is all about taxes. You will have people living at this location that will most likely be tax exempt some way or some how.

You know that they will do everything in there power to close the track.

I will writing what I will say for tomm. I am thinking that I will have 2 minutes to speak. I will hit on many key points. after the meeting I will leave a post of what I said and what was said at the meeting. I will also write what the closing statements of the council are.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't know about 600k sq ft of parking. I know that we are doing something about our back parking lot. Our lawyer is on this totally. I just think the people who live in OB have to know what's going on in the town. Does this make sense anywhere,that you would let a "MOSQUE" move in next to a racetrack. Would we be able to move in next to a Mosque? What planning board in their right mind would OK this????? Only one...................
it is a mosque they will be training terrorist's to kill racers without mufflers at a national event
Old 02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Thursday FEb. 7 @7pm Old Bridge Municpal Complex. Town Hall Meeting room/court house.
What can we do to help E-Town if we dont live in OB TWP. Its very poor town planning .
I would not bring in religion unless you say ALL religions. Just think of a church on sunday morning after 9:30 .
Taxs are high enough in that town . Get some tax payers to buy it....
Keep us updated.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Nick Goldman
Instructor

First off...thanks in advance to all of the Old Bridge town residents and business owners that will be attending on our behalf. Secondly...I do think the 600k figure needs to be reworked...just know that I didn't come up with the figure...so don't shoot the messenger . But, there is a significant increase in the 400 lot...maybe I'll get out a ruler and measure it tomorrow .
-Nick Goldman
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
THURSDAY 7PMSorry for leaving this out. I was writing this in anger. I am also thinking about how THEY WILL SCAM THE SYSTEM. What system you ask? It is all about taxes. You will have people living at this location that will most likely be tax exempt some way or some how.

You know that they will do everything in there power to close the track.

I will writing what I will say for tomm. I am thinking that I will have 2 minutes to speak. I will hit on many key points. after the meeting I will leave a post of what I said and what was said at the meeting. I will also write what the closing statements of the council are.
of course they will scam it - there is a hand book given upon arrival.

Here is my kick in the nuts this week - I get stuck IN TRAFFIC on 206N ( a school bus) as I sit there I see 3-4 grade school kids coming out of the gas station and get on the bus - wtf - I bet they are ASE certified as well
Old 02-06-2008, 10:35 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nick Goldman
First off...thanks in advance to all of the Old Bridge town residents and business owners that will be attending on our behalf. Secondly...I do think the 600k figure needs to be reworked...just know that I didn't come up with the figure...so don't shoot the messenger . But, there is a significant increase in the 400 lot...maybe I'll get out a ruler and measure it tomorrow .
-Nick Goldman
I never would have remembered had I drank just 1 more

Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah we've seen/heard of this before unfortunately and while any threat to the track's future should be taken seriously and not go unheeded, it's also worth noting that it's not all that easy to simply close down such a HUGE business entity and tax generator...in other words I am not too worried about this.
Regardless of that, I do truly appreciate the efforts of those who attend these meetings and fight for this awesome facility and our racing futures.

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
it is a mosque they will be training terrorist's to kill racers without mufflers at a national event
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 AM
KyleBst264
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WE racers are a religious group. Raceway park was there first, that is a church for us racers. This other religious group needs to go get ****ed.

Get notified of new replies

To Raceway Park Racers - Must Read - Track Is In Danger

Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
SuperZ1
Pro

Originally Posted by Beach Dude
I know those of us in the South probably cant help much, but if you have a petition or something going around, I am sure that many of us would be willing to sign etc. Let us know if we can help your cause.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KyleBst264
WE racers are a religious group. Raceway park was there first, that is a church for us racers. This other religious group needs to go get ****ed.
This is true...Englishtown Raceway Park (and Atco ) is my church/synagogue/mosque, Bowling Green is the holy land and the CORVETTE IS GOD!

*Totally just kidding of course, please no one take any offense.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

The meeting time has been changed to 8pm.

Quick Reply: Raceway Park Racers - Must Read - Track Is In Danger