Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Next WCCC is at LACR ... Saturday, September 3rd...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Next WCCC is at LACR ... Saturday, September 3rd...

******* EDIT *******
GATE OPEN AND START TIME CHANGE...SEE BELOW...

The next WCCC event of the 2005 drag racing season is Saturday September 3rd at LACR. This event is a make-up event due to the rain-out back in March. The LACR track entry/tech card fee is $20 for car & driver, and $10 for each additional crewmember. WCCC registration fees continue to be $15. The event schedule per LACR track manager is as noted below:

2:00PM: Gates open / tech inspection opens
Approximately 4:00PM: Time trials
Noon-ish: Eliminations

According to the LACR website, we will be sharing the track with Chevy vs. Ford, 12.5 Bracket, Diesel Hot Rod Association(DHRA), and test and tuners...so plan on being there early in order to be ready for our first time trial call.

I know that its the beginning of the Labor Day holiday weekend, but it's tough getting make-up race opportunities this late in the season. I just wanted to give all of the points racers another chance to earn those ever-important season points. So let's hear who's going to be At LACR ?

After this event, the next regularly scheduled WCCC event is two weeks after this one on Saturday September 17th at LACR, with a gate opening at 2:00PM.

-dave

Last edited by Blue85L98; 08-25-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
cc42
Racer

Default We're in! (plus a follow up...)

If you have always wanted to try drag racing then this event is for you!

If you are an experienced drag racer than this is for you!

If your idea of fun is hanging out with fellow ModAholics who are always looking for new ways to improve the performance of their treasured vette, then this is an event for you!

And if you just want to come out and watch, hang with fellow vette owners, and see what all the action is about, then you are also invited to come and enjoy the action at the West Coast Corvette Challenge.

Warning: be prepared to get hooked if you do!

Our September 3rd event, one in a series of all-Corvette Drag Racing WCCC events scheduled for this season, will be held at Los Angeles County Raceway in Palmdale.

This event is open to ANY licensed driver of ANY Corvette, ANY year, ANY model. Your car may be bone stock, have the usual bolt-ons, be highly modified, even blown. So long as your car can pass the tech inspection at the track, you can participate in this WCCC event. You can race just for the fun of it or you can join in the points competition AND race just for the fun of it!

Drivers from all levels of experience from the first-timer who has never drag-raced to experienced pros who have thousands of passes down the ¼ mile are welcome. WCCC events are designed to accommodate ALL levels of drag racers. The main idea is for all of us to have FUN in the world’s greatest sports-car and to assist our nation’s firefighters and their families.

A brief note about bracket racing: the beauty of bracket racing is that the winner can and has had the slowest car on the track!

REGISTRATION and FEES: The LACR track entry/tech card fee is $20 for car & driver, and $10 for each additional crewmember. WCCC registration fees continue to be $15 (cash only please). This includes admission to the track, tech card, test and tune, friendly grudge matches, and single-bracket racing for trophies and other prizes!

The gates will open at 7:30 a.m., and tech opens up at the same time. After you pass tech, come over to the WCCC area (we have a canopy) so that you can register for the event. After that you can get ready to start doing some test and tune, and some friendly heads-up racing that will all begin at 9:00 a.m. As with all WCCC events, you must pass the tech inspection to race at LACR. At around noon, we will start our eliminations. We hope that our drivers will get in at least two to three passes before we start eliminations. Plan to stay for the trophy presentations!

Thanks to all our sponsors including NAPA Auto Parts/Los Angeles County Raceway, Vapor Trails Vettes, Cormier Chevrolet, Complete Custom Wheels, Borla Performance Industries, Perez Web Design, Optima Batteries, Vette Magazine, Simpson Racing, and especially Andy and Melissa Green of A&A Corvette Performance.

For more information, here's our website: http://www.corvette-challenge.com

Directions to LACR:

Los Angeles County Raceway is an NHRA Championship Drag Strip. LACR is located at 6850 East Ave. T, Palmdale, CA. (93550). LACR is 45 minutes from the San Fernando Valley just off the Antelope Valley freeway on Palmdale's Eastside. From Los Angeles take the 5 Frwy. North to the 14 Frwy. North (Antelope Valley Frwy.) get off at Pearblossom Hwy. take it until it crosses Hwy. 138 where it will turn into East Avenue "T". LACR is one mile down Ave. "T" on the right hand side.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:50 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Good luck and welcome back to the circuit
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I really wish I could join you, but I just put my car in storage, and I'm off tomorrow for 'the Gulf' to help support our troops.

Best of luck
Have fun!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Brian be safe out there and thank you
Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Brian be safe out there and thank you
Same goes for me Brian. Take care and hope you can get home soon.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
I really wish I could join you, but I just put my car in storage, and I'm off tomorrow for 'the Gulf' to help support our troops.

Best of luck
Have fun!
How long are you expecting to be gone?

Be safe Brian, and the WCCC folks will see you when you get back.

-dave
Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
MikeV
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We won't be able to make it.. Labor Day is a "lake" weekend.

Mike V
Old 08-18-2005, 03:07 AM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

If things go right, I should be at Lake Mead!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
MikeV
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Al.

I'll be at Havasu...

Mike V
Old 08-19-2005, 11:59 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue85L98
How long are you expecting to be gone?

Be safe Brian, and the WCCC folks will see you when you get back.

-dave
At least a year, that way I get the tax incentive

I got in last night, after 20hours on airplanes.

It's not bad here.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:21 PM
BA2
Pro

Team Duct Tape my be able to make the Sept 3 race. I will be visiting an old friend in Huntington Beach that weekend and we both will probably be there.

Brian: Be Safe
Old 08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by BA2
Team Duct Tape my be able to make the Sept 3 race. I will be visiting an old friend in Huntington Beach that weekend and we both will probably be there.

That's sounds great Nat.

We'll be sure to bring the extra roll of duct tape ... just in case

When we raced in 'Vegas weren't you trying to sell the C5? ...and will we see you with a C6?

-dave
Old 08-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran

Sorry about the error everyone...

I found out last night that LACR remains on their summer schedule through September.

That means that the September 3rd and September 17th WCCC event at LACR will have a gate open time of 2:00PM and a time trial start time of approximately 4:00PM.

Sorry about any inconvenience that this has caused anyone.
I hope to see you at LACR on Sept 3rd and Sept 14th.

Get notified of new replies

To Next WCCC is at LACR ... Saturday, September 3rd...

Quick Reply: Next WCCC is at LACR ... Saturday, September 3rd...