Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

New Book on the USRRC

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default New Book on the USRRC

Have any of you seen the new big book out of Mike Martin on the United States Road Racing Championship.

I've seen the pre-publication copy and it is remarkable. Ostensibly the story of how the SCCA Fall Pro-series became the Can Am, but with so much more. It's entitled USRRC and my copy is already on order.

If your library includes such titles as The Cobra-Ferrari Wars or anything by Chris Nixon or Karl Ludvigsen. Check this out.

Only 1000 copies have been printed and I think this will become a classic. It is available from a couple of sources and from the Author - which might gain you an autograph.

PM me for more information. I don't know how to post PDF to this forum.

I'm not a bookseller nor do I make any money off of this. It's simply a classic book on American sports car racing that should be in any serious library.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by last901
Have any of you seen the new big book out of Mike Martin on the United States Road Racing Championship.

I've seen the pre-publication copy and it is remarkable. Ostensibly the story of how the SCCA Fall Pro-series became the Can Am, but with so much more. It's entitled USRRC and my copy is already on order.

If your library includes such titles as The Cobra-Ferrari Wars or anything by Chris Nixon or Karl Ludvigsen. Check this out.

Only 1000 copies have been printed and I think this will become a classic. It is available from a couple of sources and from the Author - which might gain you an autograph.

I'm not a bookseller nor do I make any money off of this. It's simply a classic book on American sports car racing that should be in any serious library.
TTP.

Thanks to those of you who contacted me about this fabulous book. I look forward to your comments and reviews.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:50 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

TTP.

Thanks to those of you who contacted me about this fabulous book. I look forward to your comments and reviews.
Sure sounds like a commercial promotion...
Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Sure sounds like a commercial promotion...
I suppose it does seem that way, doesn't it? I was hoping it would just be accepted as a sincere recommendation from someone who appreciates fine motorsports literature, especially when it includes Corvettes in racing.

The book is not yet available from most popular sources so I thought it appropriate to mention it here. The author also happens to be a friend of mine and thought I'd try and help him out.

I apologize if it came off looking like a commercial.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

It is clearly a commercial.

If the book comes out and its recommended in a manner that isnt commercial, it will be OK. However, this thread is not about someone who read a book and recommended it; it's very obviously someone promoting it.

If you or your friend would like to become a Supporting Vendor in order to market the book, please contact me for additional information.

Get notified of new replies

To New Book on the USRRC

Quick Reply: New Book on the USRRC