Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

FS 67 Goodwood Green vert...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Stingraykev
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default FS 67 Goodwood Green vert...

F S 1967 Goodwood green vert, Corvette Fever 1/18...
$300.00
Old 08-12-2012, 04:34 AM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm guessing your price is a typo, yes?

Last edited by 7Vette; 08-12-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Stingraykev
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7Vette
I'm guessing your price is a typo, yes?
No, I'm asking $150.00 less than it is going for...
It's a Corvette Fever limited edition 1 of 2500 ertl 1995...
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 AM
7Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Stingraykev
No, I'm asking $150.00 less than it is going for...
It's a Corvette Fever limited edition 1 of 2500 ertl 1995...
I've been buying, selling, trading, painting, and modifying diecast Corvettes for over 15 years, and I've never seen this car sell for $450 or even $300. I've sold many copies of this same car over the years (Ertl made 2500 of them) and even back in the day when the diecast market was strong and "sticker" cars were popular and commanded good prices this particular model sold in the $125-$150 range. And those prices were for ones with the original box, COA, and Corvette Fever door stickers, which I'm not sure you're offering with this car. I understand you have the right to ask whatever you want and I respect that. If you can get $300 for a 17-year-old Ertl Corvette, good for you, but I'd be curious to know where this car is "going for" $450...
Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Stingraykev
Instructor

I've been buying, selling, trading, painting, and modifying diecast Corvettes for over 15 years, and I've never seen this car sell for $450 or even $300. I've sold many copies of this same car over the years (Ertl made 2500 of them) and even back in the day when the diecast market was strong and "sticker" cars were popular and commanded good prices this particular model sold in the $125-$150 range. And those prices were for ones with the original box, COA, and Corvette Fever door stickers, which I'm not sure you're offering with this car. I understand you have the right to ask whatever you want and I respect that. If you can get $300 for a 17-year-old Ertl Corvette, good for you, but I'd be curious to know where this car is "going for" $450...
ERTL
(1995) 1963 Corvette
Sting Ray
Convertible Exterior:
Goodwood Green
Interior:
Saddle CORVETTE FEVER
edition
Corvette
Sting Ray Convertible
with
L88
427cid / 430hp engine,
Black stinger hood stripe,
Rally wheels with Redline tires Limited
Price: USD 499.00

in stock

another site...

ert7438
$375.00

View Chevrolet Muscle Corvette 1967 collectible diecast Car. It is a 1/18 scale Goodwood Green w/black stinge L-88 Roadster by Ertl. 2500 produced.

Last edited by Stingraykev; 08-13-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM
7Vette
Drifting

ERTL
(1995) 1963 Corvette
Sting Ray
Convertible Exterior:
Goodwood Green
Interior:
Saddle CORVETTE FEVER
edition
Corvette
Sting Ray Convertible
with
L88
427cid / 430hp engine,
Black stinger hood stripe,
Rally wheels with Redline tires Limited
Price: USD 499.00

in stock

another site...

ert7438
$375.00

View Chevrolet Muscle Corvette 1967 collectible diecast Car. It is a 1/18 scale Goodwood Green w/black stinge L-88 Roadster by Ertl. 2500 produced.
Sorry Kevin, but anyone can find a web site advertising these or any other diecast car for ridiculous prices (that's like using the internet for medical advice), but have any of these actually sold for those prices? I highly doubt it. The term "going for" means what they're selling for, not what a website who's obviously out of touch with the hobby is asking for them. This is like the Ebay sellers who say such and such a car is priced at $498 on Exoto's website when it reality they regularly sell for under $150 on Ebay. Anyone in the hobby who hasn't lived under a rock for the past dozen years knows that Exoto's website/catalog pricing is the joke of the hobby, no one takes it seriously. Of course you can find instances of this particular Corvette being advertised for the prices you mentioned, that's a no-brainer, but the fact is these old Ertl sticker Corvettes are a thing of the past. There just happens to be a group of people who think it's still 2003 and those cars still command some sort of premium. Back in 1999 I sold a complete, matching-numbers set of the three Bloomington Gold 1/18 Vettes for $1500. The most recent set, sold individually on Ebay, sold for less than $75 each. That's the state of the hobby.
But again, I do hope you sell this car for what you're asking for it.

Last edited by 7Vette; 08-13-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

I've got one - in the box - that I would sell for $250 - if anyone wanted to pay that much........... Of course, I don't really intend to sell mine.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Stingraykev
Instructor

Sorry Kevin, but anyone can find a web site advertising these or any other diecast car for ridiculous prices (that's like using the internet for medical advice), but have any of these actually sold for those prices? I highly doubt it. The term "going for" means what they're selling for, not what a website who's obviously out of touch with the hobby is asking for them. This is like the Ebay sellers who say such and such a car is priced at $498 on Exoto's website when it reality they regularly sell for under $150 on Ebay. Anyone in the hobby who hasn't lived under a rock for the past dozen years knows that Exoto's website/catalog pricing is the joke of the hobby, no one takes it seriously. Of course you can find instances of this particular Corvette being advertised for the prices you mentioned, that's a no-brainer, but the fact is these old Ertl sticker Corvettes are a thing of the past. There just happens to be a group of people who think it's still 2003 and those cars still command some sort of premium. Back in 1999 I sold a complete, matching-numbers set of the three Bloomington Gold 1/18 Vettes for $1500. The most recent set, sold individually on Ebay, sold for less than $75 each. That's the state of the hobby.
But again, I do hope you sell this car for what you're asking for it.
7vette, You are right about the prices, do you still have your collection... and I know that ones never to old to be schooled when there new to the hobby...
I was just trying to thin out a couple of items...
What do you think a going price should be...
I do thank you for your input and knowlage...
Kev...
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
7Vette
Drifting

7vette, You are right about the prices, do you still have your collection... and I know that ones never to old to be schooled when there new to the hobby...
I was just trying to thin out a couple of items...
What do you think a going price should be...
I do thank you for your input and knowlage...
Kev...
I think on a good day, if the car comes complete as I described, you might find someone sentimental enough to pay $100-$125 for it. If it's loose as shown with no COA or door stickers, maybe $50-$75 only because it's the only one available in that color combo. Complete, it is a Corvette Fever/Motogear 1967 Corvette roadster, but as shown it's just a Goodwood Green Ertl '67 Vette from the mid-90's. My intent was never to sabotage your sale ad, rather to let you know where things used to be in the hobby and where they are now. My advice if you don't sell it here would be to put it on Ebay (if you do Ebay), start it at 99 cents and see what happens. Buyers are pretty knowledgeable these days and they'll usually recognize this car for what it is/was. You might find someone wanting to complete their Corvette Fever 3-car set or possibly someone who owns a 1:1 Corvette in this color combo and wants a 1/18 version of it.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Stingraykev
Instructor

I think on a good day, if the car comes complete as I described, you might find someone sentimental enough to pay $100-$125 for it. If it's loose as shown with no COA or door stickers, maybe $50-$75 only because it's the only one available in that color combo. Complete, it is a Corvette Fever/Motogear 1967 Corvette roadster, but as shown it's just a Goodwood Green Ertl '67 Vette from the mid-90's. My intent was never to sabotage your sale ad, rather to let you know where things used to be in the hobby and where they are now. My advice if you don't sell it here would be to put it on Ebay (if you do Ebay), start it at 99 cents and see what happens. Buyers are pretty knowledgeable these days and they'll usually recognize this car for what it is/was. You might find someone wanting to complete their Corvette Fever 3-car set or possibly someone who owns a 1:1 Corvette in this color combo and wants a 1/18 version of it.
Thank you for all your help...
Kev...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,428 Likes on 775 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I've been dealing diecast with 7vette for about 10 years now especially with Vettes and he does know what he's talking about. If this car is as is in the picture with no box, COA, and decals I'd be willing to offer $50 for it. Shipping to 32578. I only want it for the colour. I have all of the other 67 convertibles from Ertl in my collection.

Get notified of new replies

To FS 67 Goodwood Green vert...

Quick Reply: FS 67 Goodwood Green vert...