Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

searching: 1980´s Corvette magazine with article on VECTOR supercar

Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default searching: 1980´s Corvette magazine with article on VECTOR supercar

Hello,

I am a collector of all memorabilia on the American supercar VECTOR.
In a 1982 or 1983 press release VECTOR Cars quoted an article on the VECTOR W2 from a Corvette related publication. (Corvette News? Corvette Fever? other?)

Does anyone here in this forum happen to know a Corvette magazine from 1978 through 1982 that had an article on the VECTOR?
Any hint or info is appreciated.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by vectorfiles; 09-13-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
DINO84
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1978-1998-vector2.htm
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 AM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Thanks for the link.
Had seen it before.
But I am still searching for the old Corvette magazine with s.th. written on the VECTOR.
The magazine should be from around 1980-1983.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
bcwronk
Instructor

Have stack of old corvette mags will look this weekend
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 AM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Originally Posted by bcwronk
Have stack of old corvette mags will look this weekend
would be a really great if you dig out that issue.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
bcwronk
Instructor

Originally Posted by vectorfiles
would be a really great if you dig out that issue.
Looked through magazines . do not have the one you are looking for. sorry
Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Originally Posted by bcwronk
Looked through magazines . do not have the one you are looking for. sorry
THX for checking.
I hope someone will dig out out this back issue with the VECTOR W2 article.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Do you have any of the Car&Driver issues with Vector info? I seem to recall that C&D gave the car a lot of coverage over the years.

BTW, what ever happened to the Vector? Did it finally crash and burn, after all of the money that was poured into the project over the years?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 PM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Do you have any of the Car&Driver issues with Vector info? I seem to recall that C&D gave the car a lot of coverage over the years.

BTW, what ever happened to the Vector? Did it finally crash and burn, after all of the money that was poured into the project over the years?

C&D 12/1980 was the first car magazine with the VECTOR on the front cover:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313

I don´t know of any 80´s C&D issue with VECTOR articles, only later in the early 90´s when VECTOR started production of the W8.
19 cars were made, then the Indonesians performed a hostile takeover, built a crappy V12 kit car and closed the factory in 2000.

The W8 outperforemd any supercar in those days before the arrival of the McLaren F1.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Hello,

In a 1982 or 1983 press release VECTOR Cars quoted an article on the VECTOR W2 from a Corvette related publication. (Corvette News? Corvette Fever? other?)

Does anyone here in this forum happen to know a Corvette magazine from 1978 through 1982 that had an article on the VECTOR?
Thanks for your help.
still searching for the Corvette magazine with the VECTOR article.
Who can help?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:54 AM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Hello,

Thanks for your help.
still searching for the above issue.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:25 AM
vectorfiles
Cruising

still searching for the above issue.
How can I find a copy of that article on the Vector in CORVETTE magazine of 1982/83?
Old 10-08-2015, 03:42 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I only have a story, and a weak one at that.

This company used to have a shop around the corner from my old union hall, which required a lot of hanging around for jobs for low senority guys. So naturally , between job calls, I gravitated over to where the car was, I only ever saw one, the" test" car, but the published production numbers were three at the time.

Perhaps the guy just didn't like my looks, or was under a lot of stress, but he was never friendly toward me. To be fair, it was old San Pedro and his shop was surrounded by hard core bums at all times. Comfort levels in the area were always low, if you were smart.

I had just finished reversing the polarity of the electrical system in an old jag and had installed some higher end radio . I was having trouble with generator noise in the new system.

I saw the Vector car with the doors up, and noticed a bunch of newly installed small speakers in the cabin. I asked the guy with the car how he managed alternator whine. He said, "it's tough", and walked away. That was as friendly as our non relationship ever got. i was always outside the chain length fence and he was always inside, next to the car.

I had no problems with the guy, I am just more accustomed to hot rod guys who are almost honor bound to talk to others about their cars and try to be friendly if they can at all manage it.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 AM
vectorfiles
Cruising

Originally Posted by strand rider
I only have a story, and a weak one at that.

This company used to have a shop around the corner from my old union hall, which required a lot of hanging around for jobs for low senority guys. So naturally , between job calls, I gravitated over to where the car was, I only ever saw one, the" test" car, but the published production numbers were three at the time.

Perhaps the guy just didn't like my looks, or was under a lot of stress, but he was never friendly toward me. To be fair, it was old San Pedro and his shop was surrounded by hard core bums at all times. Comfort levels in the area were always low, if you were smart.

I had just finished reversing the polarity of the electrical system in an old jag and had installed some higher end radio . I was having trouble with generator noise in the new system.

I saw the Vector car with the doors up, and noticed a bunch of newly installed small speakers in the cabin. I asked the guy with the car how he managed alternator whine. He said, "it's tough", and walked away. That was as friendly as our non relationship ever got. i was always outside the chain length fence and he was always inside, next to the car.

I had no problems with the guy, I am just more accustomed to hot rod guys who are almost honor bound to talk to others about their cars and try to be friendly if they can at all manage it.
Thanks for sharing a first hand VECTOR W2 story.

Get notified of new replies

To searching: 1980´s Corvette magazine with article on VECTOR supercar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: searching: 1980´s Corvette magazine with article on VECTOR supercar