Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S: C3 Custom Chassis, $23k OBO [CA]

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
singedfur
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S: C3 Custom Chassis, $23k OBO [CA]

For sale: custom rolling chassis and partial body. Project well underway until marriage and children have halted progress. For more details, e-mail for point-by-point listing of parts and work completed. Over $30k (close to $35k) invested.

*'76 frame, sandblasted, continuously welded (filled in factory skip-welds for stiffness), painted
*VB&P suspension F and R: tubular a-arms, adj. monoleaf springs, adj. shocks, rear differential x-member reinforcing kit, Smart Struts, etc.
*Van Steel HD offset trailing arms to allow wider rear tires, Guldstrand Enginerring rear stub axles with 1/2"x3" wheel studs, Van Steel rear wheel spindle/bearing/rotor assay
*Wilwood brakes, VB&P sport rotors, all new custom-bent s.s. mil-spec brake lines w/37* aircraft flares and fittings from prop valve rearward: 3/16" diameter rear main supply line, no rubber flex hoses anywhere: Earl's s.s. braided, teflon-lined hose, AN fittings
*Custom 14-guage s.s. gas tank (built by Rick's Hot Rod, TX as per my specs): extra capacity, with submerged Aeromotive A1000 pump, AN -10 fittings off tank, includes internal tank brkts to accept Aeromotive Eliminator pump for larger fuel needs, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
*383 stroker motor, 450-550 hp (built by Meridian Performance, Bellingham, WA): World Products Sportsman II Cast iron heads, Keith Black hypereutectic pistons, Engine Pro Competition Timing set, Comp cams hydraulic roller lifters, Comp Cams pushrods, Scat crank, ARP hardware, engine's reciprocating parts balanced, Milodon oil pan, Milodon water pump, billet alum. valve covers, ATI super-damper balancer, Powermaster starter, MSD distributor
*Holley Commander 950 MPFI fuel injection pkg: computer controlled, includes fuel rails and intake
*McLeod 14" alum. flywheel, McLeod clutch, Lakewood bellhousing
*Richmond Gear 6-speed overdrive tranny with Long shifter
*Spicer non-greasable U-jts in driveshaft, driveshaft safety loop
*Polyurethane safety motor mounts, polyurethane tranny mount, poly body mount cushions
*rebuilt original differential
*Van Steel rebuilt steering gear box
*Spare tire carrier refinished
*'72 partial body, paint-stripped and clean (over 70 hrs. cleaning)
*New Sermersheim panels to complete rear of car
*Doors and t-tops included from a '75 car
*Completely restored steering column: all new parts
*Completely rebuilt brake and clutch pedal assay
*Hooker headers and side pipes
*Cibi e-code headlamp pkg.
*Original rally wheels

*Many more photos available; please e-mail to request info or further photos of specific area. Car is located between San Francisco and Sacramento.

Have receipts for all major components (body, frame, tranny, engine, etc.) and nearly all minor components, also. Note: The car has no title, as I have built it all up from individual parts purchased. A new title will have to be applied for and receipts for major components provided: please research exact requirements for registration in your area.
Attached Images       
Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 PM
lostmymind
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Not sure if my first reply, went out. So sorry, if you get this twice. I have a 1977 with a rusted out frame. I just renew my Corvette Forum and found you. What a great chance for me, to get my 1977 back on the road. I would appreciate all the pictures you have on the car. I possible will have my Son in Law stop by and look at everything, if we can figure out the deal. We live in Michigan, so for me to stop in my be a little tough. So, I have a big question to ask. Would you part with just the chassis and all of its parts, not the body. I have a perfect 1977 body and interior. I really don't need another body. Plus the less you handle these bodies the better. The real reason for liking your chassis is, I am disabled. So, the less wrench turning the better for me, and the new wing, I just put on the Hospital, that I visit because, I am 55 years old and still a kid. So, please be straight with me, as I will be with you. This is a very important deal, for me to get this car which was my wife's fathers car. I took the car off the road, when I tried putting a floor jack under the drivers side frame. I heard and saw pieces of frame flake and break off. So, being the bad guy, I pulled the car off the road. I didn't want any killed because of the softness of the frame. So, you could really make me look good here. So, I will wait to here if you still have the frame and please send all the pictures. Regards, Bart Polich, Grand Rapids, Michigan. bpolich46@gmail.com

Quick Reply: F/S: C3 Custom Chassis, $23k OBO [CA]