Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted big block or lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:51 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Wanted big block or lt1

as some of you know I sold my 72 WBY BB coupe about 3 years ago. it was in excellent condition but it was an automatic and I wanted a 4 speed. im looking for a 69 thru 72 coupe or vert. must be in excellent condition and #s matching. BB or LT1. has to be somewhere close to NE PA. I wont buy sight unseen again. ive been looking a little while but im pretty picky as to condition and havnt found anything yet so I figured I would give forum a shot. my budget is around $30,000. heres what it must be-

#s matching
4 speed
no luggage rack
power steering
power brakes
flawless paint
NO white, black, or green
excellent condition
not modified in any way

thanks , Nutsy
Old 06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

69' 427/400hp tripower conv,monza red with black int,auto trans factory side pipes p/s,p/b,99%org,numbers matching,NCRS resto 80% done[eng dyno'd,susp-drivetrain done],body off/stripped for paint,but i have double in it what you want to spend
Old 06-26-2014, 11:01 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default LT1 or BB

With all due respect you will need to increase your budget based on the condition combined with the LT1 and BB.

I am thinking in excellent condition for a coupe $39k is a little closer to reality for a 71 or 72 coupe. Plan on more for a 70.

A convertible BB or LT1 is likely to be closer to $50k and a top flight with full documentation will be even higher.

70 LT1 or BB convertible will start at around $59k and likely get a lot closer to $69k.

I am probably a little low but just trying to keep it real.

Bill
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
69' 427/400hp tripower conv,monza red with black int,auto trans factory side pipes p/s,p/b,99%org,numbers matching,NCRS resto 80% done[eng dyno'd,susp-drivetrain done],body off/stripped for paint,but i have double in it what you want to spend
no interest in an auto. my post states that's why I sold mine.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 AM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1974ta
With all due respect you will need to increase your budget based on the condition combined with the LT1 and BB.

I am thinking in excellent condition for a coupe $39k is a little closer to reality for a 71 or 72 coupe. Plan on more for a 70.

A convertible BB or LT1 is likely to be closer to $50k and a top flight with full documentation will be even higher.

70 LT1 or BB convertible will start at around $59k and likely get a lot closer to $69k.

Bill
I agree I wont get a vert or 69 or 70 for 30k but 30k for a 71 or 72 is in that range. im not looking for a top flight, just a #s matching very nice car. sold my 72 BB for 27500. and it was a very nice #s car. thanks for replies
Old 06-27-2014, 03:27 PM
scott718
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Corvette Wanted

Originally Posted by 1974ta

Bill
I agree, 30K will "NOT" buy the car you outlined, you will have to increase your budget 10K+ to land the car you desire. That being said, 30K big blocks and LT1's are not out there at that price point. Just remember "Good Cars Are Not Cheap and Cheap Cars Are Not Good!!!! Best of luck in your search.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by scott718
I agree, 30K will "NOT" buy the car you outlined, you will have to increase your budget 10K+ to land the car you desire. That being said, 30K big blocks and LT1's are not out there at that price point. Just remember "Good Cars Are Not Cheap and Cheap Cars Are Not Good!!!! Best of luck in your search.
I beg to disagree. look at amoellens new LT1. he had a budget of 26k and got a really nice car. wish I found it. ill keep looking,
Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep looking.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:43 AM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

The car Amoellens purchased looks like an Lt1 car w/air. It does not say what he paid for the car and his budget actually dropped to 25k at some point. If that is a real LT1 w/air you can most likely bet he doubled his budget.
IMHO..........
Keep searching though, you will find something.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Panhead59
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out my "1969 Matching #'s 427 for sale?" It sounds like what you are looking for with the exception of power steering. As for "mods" it has a stinger hood and chrome rally wheels with C-2 caps, but that's about it for not being stock. New motor, tranny, front end, very, very good cond. Very, very nice paint. Probably out of your price range though. But just barely. Call me and we can discuss that if u are interested. Oh yeah, it'll be in Carlisle, Pa. at the all corvette event, in the car corral, on Aug. 22-23. Might be a little higher by Carlisle, because I am seriously thinking of painting the hood scoop black- like the C-2's. It'll brake up the correct Daytona Yellow a little bit.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Motor City Hamilton
Cruising

I have a 1970 for sale that is currently a big block but started life as a LT1. So I kind of hit both of your wants. My car is obviously not numbers matching due to the engine swap during it's history.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3s-...1-20k-obo.html
Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 PM
TSAGG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a '71 Warbonnet Yellow LT-1 coupe that is for sale but not marketed right now. Exceptional condition and documented. 91.9% NCRS score last October. second flight and will get Top Flight this October with work I will be doing. Non power brakes though but hits all on your list otherwise, including location. I am in south Jersey just 14 miles from Philadelphia. But as others have mentioned, checking the boxes on the wish list will be in the $40-45k range. I don't plan on taking less than $45k when it gets Top Flight and that may be a bit low even.

Let me know if you want more information.

Link to pics.
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tsag...?sort=6&page=1

You can also check for my ad on the forum las August with more descriptions and pics.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 AM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TSAGG
I have a '71 Warbonnet Yellow LT-1 coupe that is for sale but not marketed right now. Exceptional condition and documented. 91.9% NCRS score last October. second flight and will get Top Flight this October with work I will be doing. Non power brakes though but hits all on your list otherwise, including location. I am in south Jersey just 14 miles from Philadelphia. But as others have mentioned, checking the boxes on the wish list will be in the $40-45k range. I don't plan on taking less than $45k when it gets Top Flight and that may be a bit low even.

Let me know if you want more information.

Link to pics.
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tsag...?sort=6&page=1

You can also check for my ad on the forum las August with more descriptions and pics.
hi T, I remember your last for sale post. your car is beautiful. the power brakes aint a deal breaker but the price is. your car excedes what im looking for and I wish I can afford it. even close to me. thanks ,Nutsy
Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 AM
hail to R3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Panhead59
Have you checked out my "1969 Matching #'s 427 for sale?" It sounds like what you are looking for with the exception of power steering. As for "mods" it has a stinger hood and chrome rally wheels with C-2 caps, but that's about it for not being stock. New motor, tranny, front end, very, very good cond. Very, very nice paint. Probably out of your price range though. But just barely. Call me and we can discuss that if u are interested. Oh yeah, it'll be in Carlisle, Pa. at the all corvette event, in the car corral, on Aug. 22-23. Might be a little higher by Carlisle, because I am seriously thinking of painting the hood scoop black- like the C-2's. It'll brake up the correct Daytona Yellow a little bit.
I would like to see a pic of that stinger hood, I am having a friend custom make one cause I can't find them online for 68 or 69. Thanks
Old 06-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Panhead59
Racer

Default Stinger Hood

Originally Posted by hail to r3
i would like to see a pic of that stinger hood, i am having a friend custom make one cause i can't find them online for 68 or 69. Thanks
pm sent

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted big block or lt1

Quick Reply: Wanted big block or lt1