Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS '74 Corvette coupe, needs some TLC

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Watergod
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS '74 Corvette coupe, needs some TLC

For sale is a 1974 coupe, 4 sp, brown, air, tilt, tele, 97,798 miles, moon roofs.

***PRICE REDUCED***** Now asking $4,995

(Was asking $5995) reasonable offers accepted. Car is in the central Ohio, Columbus area.

I have owned this car for about 27 years. It always ran fine, actually great, and was running fine when I quit driving it. I quit driving it when the brakes started to pull a bit to the left, of course with the intentions of fixing them. However, that never happened.

It has been sitting for several years in a environment out of the weather (metal pole barn), probably about 6 years or so. While sitting in the pole barn with concrete floors, the front and rear bumpers have deteriorated badly and both will need to be replaced. Any damage to the bumpers is not the result of an accident, just natural rot of the original bumpers.

Also will need some brake work as the calipers seems to be froze.

I believe the engine and trans are original matching nos. Most of the paint is orig, but the front left fender had been slightly dinged/reapired sometime before I bought the car. The interior was re-done before I bought the car. I replaced the radiator, heater core, and some brake items, maybe more.

I put about 20k on the car, mostly as a member of the Capital City Corvette Club (Columbus Ohio) going to our events.

I have not tried to start the car as of today (June 26). I do not have a battery. But I will attest that the car was running just fine when it was parked. Actually, after it was parked it was started and moved a few times, but has not been moved at all in several years. I will try to answer any questions to the best of my ability and knowledge.

I want to sell this car so someone can restore/repair it and have fun driving the car.
Attached Images       

Last edited by Watergod; 08-15-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: asking price reduction

Quick Reply: FS '74 Corvette coupe, needs some TLC