Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 coupe MN 12K

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 PM
spjrr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 71 coupe MN 12K

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...465211863.html

Found this local on craigslist. I'm not into 71's or would be all over this. Went to look at it today. It was originally green didn't look at code tag and was a small block car according to the seller. However, it was a frame off resto all the hard work has been done. Looks like most of the suspension bushings are new. Frame was sandblasted and painted. I didn't hear it run but he claims it has only been started a couple times since rebuild. Was rebuilt by a local shop. Paint was done needs to be rubbed out and some touch up around headlight doors. Much new in regards to wire harness and vacuum lines from the firewall forward. Looked like new tail light assemblies in the back as well. New fuel tank and lines. Most of the brake system was replaced. Has no power brakes but has power steering. Glass good, however windshield trim not installed so don't know if there are fit issues there. Glass looked good. He has a lot of new parts. Needs hood as the small block hood he has doesn't have enough clearance for the carbs. Has hooker sidepipe hedders but no mufflers. Most of the weatherstripping has been replaced except for the rear window.

I think the car is a good deal for the price and the seller is a real nice guy. If you have questions, give him a call.

Mark Smith
Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

I'd be all over it...if it was closer/
Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 PM
jimrowe0
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by boraxman
I'd be all over it...if it was closer/
Agreed
Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 PM
spjrr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies I agree. A good deal at least in my mind. He has documention and receipts for many of the parts that were bought. Even has aim and noticed a spec label for the cam that was purchased from summit. Also noticed aftermarket distributor had mechanical tach drive, but cable missing. If you are close, give him a call and take a look at what he has.

Mark Smith

Get notified of new replies

To 71 coupe MN 12K

Quick Reply: 71 coupe MN 12K