Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/s 1971 conv.,454 ci & muncie m21 florida

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
bugotomy
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/s 1971 conv.,454 ci & muncie m21 florida

A close lifelong friend owned this car for the past 40 years since this car was one and a half years old. My friend passed away on june 5 and left the car to his sister . She sold me the corvette . My wife says i have too many cars , so its the car or the wife. Asking price $23000.00 in dollars (us) gold or silver metal .....here are the details:
1971 corvette convertible with the correct matching number cph 454 ci 365 hp engine . the date code on the engine block precedes the chassis build date by a few weeks. Additionally the 4 speed muncie m21 transmission is original transmision with the matching number stamped into it. I beleive the rear differential is the same but i have not lifted the car to examine it .the car drives perfectly .it has 4 stainless steel brake calipers. No power brakes but a comfortable pressure is all thats needed to stop the car ( each caliper has 4 pistons ) . It is equipped with power steering. A factory installed hardtop is included in addition to the softtop. The convertible top is functional but it has a few small cuts.on the lower portion near where the front doors close. The interior needs restoration. The drivers seat is torn and the carpeting is worn . All the guages work ( even the time clock ) the car has 81000 original miles and that probably can be verified because this car had to pass new york state inspection every year where that mileage would have been recorded. The car is perfectly drivable now. The headlights open & close correctly and illuminate. All signal lights work . I tested the brakelight switch and it works most of the time but the switch should be renewed to make it 100% reliable. The wipers work correctly and when they are off they are hidden under a moving cowl panel . The body is in very nice condition and the chrome bumpers have zero rust and they shine brightly. The interior code is 400 which indicates a black vinyl interior. The 2 interior door panels should be repalced to make car mint but they are ok for now.

Here are the items that are not original equipment : When the car was painted 5 years ago my friend had rear flared fenders installed. They look like it was a factory installed job but they are not. One more nice looking custom item is the chrome sidepipe exhaust systems hooked up to exhaust headers without using any flex tubing . 4 chrome crager ss rims are not original .4 almost new tires are mounted...the spark plug wiring shields are missing.
This is a very collectible corvette due to the 454 cubic inch engine & original drivetrain being installed on a convertible.. 1970 ,1971 , and 1972 corvettes were mostly sold with a 350 ci engine because america was in a gas crisis back then.the engine runs nice using the original rochester quadrajet carrbuerator .go to " vettefacts.com" and check the numbers regarding this car.i'm gonna try to post some pictures
more pictures can be viewed on the south florida craigslist corvette advertisement

Last edited by bugotomy; 03-05-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: lower price
Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the sale!!!!!!!

You are RIGHT on the money on how to stop a car like this with manual brakes.....

I provided a direct link to your craigslist ad.....

Very interesting corvette and I do believe it would be a very nice purchase.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4359002555.html
Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 AM
HIK
5th Gear

Originally Posted by bugotomy
A close lifelong friend owned this car for the past 40 years since this car was one and a half years old. My friend passed away on june 5 and left the car to his sister . She sold me the corvette . My wife says i have too many cars , so its the car or the wife. Asking price $23000.00 in dollars (us) gold or silver metal .....here are the details:
1971 corvette convertible with the correct matching number cph 454 ci 365 hp engine . the date code on the engine block precedes the chassis build date by a few weeks. Additionally the 4 speed muncie m21 transmission is original transmision with the matching number stamped into it. I beleive the rear differential is the same but i have not lifted the car to examine it .the car drives perfectly .it has 4 stainless steel brake calipers. No power brakes but a comfortable pressure is all thats needed to stop the car ( each caliper has 4 pistons ) . It is equipped with power steering. A factory installed hardtop is included in addition to the softtop. The convertible top is functional but it has a few small cuts.on the lower portion near where the front doors close. The interior needs restoration. The drivers seat is torn and the carpeting is worn . All the guages work ( even the time clock ) the car has 81000 original miles and that probably can be verified because this car had to pass new york state inspection every year where that mileage would have been recorded. The car is perfectly drivable now. The headlights open & close correctly and illuminate. All signal lights work . I tested the brakelight switch and it works most of the time but the switch should be renewed to make it 100% reliable. The wipers work correctly and when they are off they are hidden under a moving cowl panel . The body is in very nice condition and the chrome bumpers have zero rust and they shine brightly. The interior code is 400 which indicates a black vinyl interior. The 2 interior door panels should be repalced to make car mint but they are ok for now.

Here are the items that are not original equipment : When the car was painted 5 years ago my friend had rear flared fenders installed. They look like it was a factory installed job but they are not. One more nice looking custom item is the chrome sidepipe exhaust systems hooked up to exhaust headers without using any flex tubing . 4 chrome crager ss rims are not original .4 almost new tires are mounted...the spark plug wiring shields are missing.
This is a very collectible corvette due to the 454 cubic inch engine & original drivetrain being installed on a convertible.. 1970 ,1971 , and 1972 corvettes were mostly sold with a 350 ci engine because america was in a gas crisis back then.the engine runs nice using the original rochester quadrajet carrbuerator .go to " vettefacts.com" and check the numbers regarding this car.i'm gonna try to post some pictures
more pictures can be viewed on the south florida craigslist corvette advertisement
Still available for sale???
Please contact me via my email: h_ik_@live.com
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM
bugotomy
7th Gear

Default SOLD for $23000.00

SOLD for $23000.00 thru EBay

Get notified of new replies

To F/s 1971 conv.,454 ci & muncie m21 florida

Quick Reply: F/s 1971 conv.,454 ci & muncie m21 florida