Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB '75 or earlier daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 PM
zmaffeo
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB '75 or earlier daily driver

I'm looking for a '75 or earlier Stingray. I'm not looking for a complete project car and I want to be able to drive the car from day 1. I'd prefer a car that's located in California as it makes it easier / cheaper to acquire.

My price range is in the 10K range. If anyone is selling such a car I'd love to speak to them!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/cheers2.gif

Thanks!

-Z
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM
zmaffeo
Cruising

Ttt

Specifically, I'm looking for a car that can be driven safely from day 1 with no safety issues. So no rust, and no major issues with suspension, steering, drive train, cooling, etc. Don't car about matching numbers, color, etc.

I understand it's a 40 year old car and my budget precludes a fully restored car. I hope to drive it a couple times a week, maybe 5K miles a year or so. I've checked out several cars in the past month that all required significant work to be road worthy. I'm looking for a car I can both enjoy driving and work on fixing up.

Thanks!

Last edited by zmaffeo; 02-12-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
tvcarman
Cruising

Default 75 roadster

[QUOI have a one owner 1975 yelow and black interior roadster. The car has had a complete body on restoration and has been judged by the NCRS several times and recieved Top Flight awards and a PV certification. The price is $22,000 and i know that is more then you said you wanted to spend but this is a real car and can be driven any where. Located in Southern Ca. Email: hydrolon@pacbell.net

Specifically, I'm looking for a car that can be driven safely from day 1 with no safety issues. So no rust, and no major issues with suspension, steering, drive train, cooling, etc. Don't car about matching numbers, color, etc.

I understand it's a 40 year old car and my budget precludes a fully restored car. I hope to drive it a couple times a week, maybe 5K miles a year or so. I've checked out several cars in the past month that all required significant work to be road worthy. I'm looking for a car I can both enjoy driving and work on fixing up.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Old 02-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Mikeski
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Craigslist for Albuquerque NM has a yellow 75 for $7000 that states is in good running condition.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:57 PM
zmaffeo
Cruising

Thank you tvcarman and Mikeski! I just purchased a '74 L48 for ~$8K. I pick her up next week and I'll post pictures. ( I always hate it when these threads have no closure.)

tvcarman - your car sounds amazing and I'm sorry I was not able to purchase it. I hope to slowly build up my new stingray to something approaching your car.

Best

-Z
Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
tvcarman
Cruising

Originally Posted by Mikeski
Craigslist for Albuquerque NM has a yellow 75 for $7000 that states is in good running condition.
Not a put down, but you sometimes get what you pay for. This car has over $4500. in the engine alone.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:04 PM
tvcarman
Cruising

Originally Posted by zmaffeo
Thank you tvcarman and Mikeski! I just purchased a '74 L48 for ~$8K. I pick her up next week and I'll post pictures. ( I always hate it when these threads have no closure.)

tvcarman - your car sounds amazing and I'm sorry I was not able to purchase it. I hope to slowly build up my new stingray to something approaching your car.

Best

-Z
I wish you the best of luck. Take your time and do it right. I spent three years on this car and restored every component.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Ralphbf
Burning Brakes

To get where you want to go with this your going to need $15,000.

I purchased mine for $2150.00 and put $15000 in it plus 500 hours.

Where in California are you? I'm just out of Sacramento.

Ralph
Old 02-24-2014, 01:02 AM
tvcarman
Cruising

Originally Posted by Ralphbf
To get where you want to go with this your going to need $15,000.

I purchased mine for $2150.00 and put $15000 in it plus 500 hours.

Where in California are you? I'm just out of Sacramento.

Ralph
I am in Southern California, San Bernadino area. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. LOL, I have over $28,000 in mine and that does not include labor. They say fools will spend any thing on a toy.
TVCARMAN
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,328 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by zmaffeo

Z
If you would like a thread to be closed, please contact a mod. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB '75 or earlier daily driver

Quick Reply: WTB '75 or earlier daily driver