Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauging interest in a trade

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Jig A Low
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauging interest in a trade

Hey guys,

just checking to see if there is any interest in a trade for my '85 'vette.

46,xxx original miles
350 TPI
700R4 automatic
tinted Targa top (second one as a spare)
complete tune up
new shocks
new rear wheel bearings
alignment
tire balance

completely stock except for the radio and shocks, the factory Bose was acting up so I replaced it with a nice Kenwood, still running the Bose amplified speakers. ( I still have the Bose head unit)

the car was repainted some time in the past (factory color) due to an issue Chevy had with their clear coats peeling off, the paint is nice but not perfect, if I keep it, it will go in the booth in the spring.

the interior is way more than VERY NICE, there is a small amount of fading on the carpet in spots but the dash, seats, door panels are in excellent shape, the digital dash works perfectly.

car runs and rides good. does have the typical corvette squeeks and creeks but other than that it's good to go. I love the reliability of the TPI but this is one "hard to get in and out of" car. I guess you have to be a lot more limber than I am to drive one daily.

I'd like to trade "straight up" for a nice C-3 daily driver, don't really care about the year or milage but it has to be driver ready and able to pass a VA. inspection---that means if it had any Smog equipment on it it must still have it

I know I can run "antigue" plates and bypass the inspections but I work on the Navy base and they do check for the inspections randomly and because I want to drive it every day............

Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Familiarize yourself with the rules please:

3. Best Offers & Gauging Interest The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers. Low ball offers that are clearly ridiculous in nature, will be considered a violation of the forum rule pertaining to "Interference in a for sale," thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.

Only forum vendors are permitted to gauge interest in their products.

Quick Reply: gauging interest in a trade