Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocross Video. PCA event. 12/8/2013.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Autocross Video. PCA event. 12/8/2013.

Those PCA guys know how to build a track. I wore my rev-limiter out. 1st. overall out of 87 cars.

Steve A.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow that was a high 2nd gear run! Are you the PCA champ as well?
I'm just waiting for the Jan scca practice... Bored but need to bleed brake fluid too and being lazy
Merry Christmas, see you in 2014!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
apexman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice run, Steve! Happy Holidays.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vette6500
Holy cow that was a high 2nd gear run! Are you the PCA champ as well?
I'm just waiting for the Jan scca practice... Bored but need to bleed brake fluid too and being lazy
Merry Christmas, see you in 2014!
I am the Champ for X class. One needs a jacked during this time. I probably need to bleed the brakes too. It's 10 years old.
Merry Christmas.

Steve

Originally Posted by apexman
Nice run, Steve! Happy Holidays.
Thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:03 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice run (as usual) Steve. A little drifting and smacking the rev limiter! Looks like fun.

Do you have to know somebody to do those PCA events? Or can one just sign up on the web somewhere?

Merry Christmas and see ya out there next year!

BTW: You're scaring me asking those classing questions about a 2013 GS....something in the works we should know about?
Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Nice run (as usual) Steve. A little drifting and smacking the rev limiter! Looks like fun.

Do you have to know somebody to do those PCA events? Or can one just sign up on the web somewhere?

Merry Christmas and see ya out there next year!

BTW: You're scaring me asking those classing questions about a 2013 GS....something in the works we should know about?
Thanks Randy. The next one is Feb. 9th. PM me if your interested. Didn't you know, I'm diving your car next year. Actually, one just like yours. Not mine. I saw your thread about brake pads. I'm just using stock Z06 pads. Great modulation. Some of those other pads have tons of initial bite. For me, its to hard to modulate. Do you feel you need better stopping power? Can't you get into the ABS now?

Steve
Old 12-11-2013, 06:57 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Thanks Randy. The next one is Feb. 9th. PM me if your interested. Didn't you know, I'm diving your car next year. Actually, one just like yours. Not mine. I saw your thread about brake pads. I'm just using stock Z06 pads. Great modulation. Some of those other pads have tons of initial bite. For me, its to hard to modulate. Do you feel you need better stopping power? Can't you get into the ABS now?

Steve
Figures...now I won't have the "his car must be better than mine" excuse either!

As far as the ABS, I'm able to easily get in there (or pretty much locked up under steering!)....I'm pretty sure that's my whole problem out there....overshooting turns cause I think the car can stop faster than it actually can.

I'm basically at the end of my current tires and brakes. So I thought I'd look to see what's out there. I've decided on the Michelin Pilot Super Sports...although I'm open to suggestions there. Unfortunately, I don't really have the knowledge at this point to make any informed decisions, so I'm really looking around for guidance from wherever I can get it! The car is also my daily driver, so I need to probably stay on street tires for now. I don't know squat about brakes, so I'm just hunting around trying to figure out the best way to go (I'd love to hear your opinions).

I've seen your shirts...if you have a business that I could patronize, I'd be happy to do that! Although Burbank is a bit of a trek...I live in Rancho Santa Margarita.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets

As far as the ABS, I'm able to easily get in there (or pretty much locked up under steering!)....I'm pretty sure that's my whole problem out there....overshooting turns cause I think the car can stop faster than it actually can.

(I'd love to hear your opinions).

I've seen your shirts...if you have a business that I could patronize, I'd be happy to do that! Although Burbank is a bit of a trek...I live in Rancho Santa Margarita.
9 out of 10 drivers overshoot the corners when there first learning. It's not the brakes. Getting into the corner at proper speed. is the key to getting out of the corner. I would rather error on the side of going into the corner to slow, then the other way around. Coming out of the corner, I would rather error on the side of going to fast. That's where your going to gain lots of time. Stock pads should be fine. My opinion of course.

Western Tire Co. helps me out. Not my company, but they treat you like family. I do own a Pool Service Company. To bad I'm so far from you. Thank You for mentioning it though.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Video. PCA event. 12/8/2013.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autocross Video. PCA event. 12/8/2013.