Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S - 1972 Coupe PROJECT

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Default F/S - 1972 Coupe PROJECT

Well, with a lot of reservation, I have decided to throw in the towel on my 72 project coupe. It is a White, Numbers Matching, 350 4spd, with A/C. It started out as a driver that needed some work, but quickly turned into a body-off restoration. Shortly after starting this project, I picked up a 71 Convertible that I owned for 2 months before a "small" fire. Now I am doing a body-off restoration on this one as well. Some have called me crazy for trying to tackle two body-off restorations at once. I was making good progress...that is, until we had our first child. You know how the story goes from here...no time, $$$, travel a lot for work, etc., etc., etc. For about the last year, I have been solely focusing on my 71 to the point it is a rolling chassis with engine and drivetrain totally rebuilt and back on the frame.

During this time, the 72 has been kicked to the side in the garage. However, I did manage to get most of the parts media blasted (have my own blasting cabinet) and then either powder-coated, rattle canned, or POR-15’d. The frame has been sandblasted and powder-coated in gloss black as well. The rear diff has been rebuilt and upgraded from a 3:08 to 3:55's. The 4spd tranny has also been professionally rebuilt. The engine has not been rebuilt. It is on an engine dolly covered up and sitting in the corner of the garage.

Anyway, as previously stated, I am ready to pass this project on to someone willing to take the challenge and finish what I started. Although about 80% or so of the parts have already been refinished, NOTHING has been reassembled. The majority of the parts are there, but there are still a lot of items that would need to be purchased to complete this project. This project is definitely not for beginners. I once sold a 69 project to a “beginner” and a year later, he called me back wondering if I would repurchase it from him as he did not realize what he got into.

Below is a link to the photos I have taken so far. Unfortunately, the photos are in complete random order, so I do apologize. In the photos, you will also see a few photos of a storage garage filled with several boxes and storage bins. Inside these bins and boxes are all of the parts that have been removed. Again, the majority of which have already been refinished. ALL of these boxes and bins ARE Included in the sale. If there is anything specific that any of you would like to see a photo of that is not already shown, let me know and I will take those additional photos for you. If you are local, I encourage you to stop by and take a look. If you are not local, but are interested, I am willing to work with anyone you can arrange to come take a look for you.

I am asking $8,500. Cash Only. I would love to sell it prior to the start of winter so I can park my regular vehicle in the garage again! Please “PM” me, text me or give me a call at 816-810-9061. Thank you, Brian

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/mt...?sort=2&page=1

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/mt...rvette%20Parts

Last edited by spdrcr29; 11-18-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 PM
LastC3AZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PMSent
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LastC3AZ
PMSent
Your message actually came through as a "visitor message". I tried to respond, but did not realize the rules for visitor messages only allows for typing of 1,000 characters. By the time I was done and not realizing the rules, I was at 1,743 characters and could not send my response back to you. Please send me your email or send me a Private Message and not a visitor message and I can try responding again. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM
LastC3AZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting ... thought is was a PM .... will give it another shot ....
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 AM
GPGG70
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM Sent!!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Added a second link with over 150 additional photos. Check them out!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 PM
spdrcr29
Burning Brakes

Sold!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S - 1972 Coupe PROJECT

Quick Reply: F/S - 1972 Coupe PROJECT