Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who loves their composit leaf springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default who loves their composit leaf springs?

I'm thinking about grabbing some of these aftermarket leaf springs. Keep the stock style suspension in case I do wanna race it one day with a T-1 setup.
Who has some of these and what can you tell me about them from your personal experience?
Thanks guys!
"Hyperco performance-tuned Corvette Composite Leaf Springs enable the serious Corvette owner to enhance the suspension performance of their car. The High Performance Street Series (HPS) Provides improved cornering ability, road feel and initial response while maintaining a quiet and comfortable ride. Ride height adjusters, equipped with Delron pads, offer a wide range of tuning options. This enables the C5 owner to set the look and handling of the car to their preference... mild to aggressive. The High Performance Track Series (HPT) Offers the C5 owner a "race-ready" spring rate option for auto crossing, track days and competitive racing. The Delron pad-equipped height adjusters support a wide range of set up choices, enabling the car to be tuned for all out performance. Lighter. Stronger. Faster. Hyperco Composite Leaf Springs are precision manufactured with an epoxy matrix composite material. Adapted from the aerospace industry, this material provides extraordinary strength that is 70% lighter than steel. Less weight and retention of the design arch combine to make the CLS a high performance/cost-effective alternative to steel leaf springs. The initial cost is a value based on the incredible service life"
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 AM
hklvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was just a thread about this a couple of links down. "track car suspension discussion". In it, the PNs for the T-1 equivalent Hypercoil leafs are posted.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Yeah thanks, I looked through that and didn't see any comments that an owner had.
The quote I posted was from the part numbers you mentioned that thread having.
I was hoping for someone to chime in about their experience with aftermarket leafs.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:14 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Ooh found a guy to offer help on there, i was wrong. Thank you!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The hyperco front springs are not much firmer than stock. I have one in the rear and it is ok, but for the front I use VBP spring. Not only are VBP much firmer, but they have less arc in them which makes installation much easier.
Personally I like leaf springs in terms of the job they do well, but coil overs are much easier to work with.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
The hyperco front springs are not much firmer than stock. I have one in the rear and it is ok, but for the front I use VBP spring. Not only are VBP much firmer, but they have less arc in them which makes installation much easier.
Personally I like leaf springs in terms of the job they do well, but coil overs are much easier to work with.
i run vbp 880 pounder up front, C5 Z06 rear and Koni FSD shocks, Sport sways ( between T1 and Pfadt sports) the vette is just a blast. Understeers a bit with dot slicks, steers almost perfect with full race slicks ie. Dunlop, Yokohama 280/650/18. Hangs with the 4 wheel drive guys and corner as well as the Miatas!

Last edited by rustyguns; 11-13-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To who loves their composit leaf springs?

Quick Reply: who loves their composit leaf springs?